What's new

SVS PB2-Plus Test and Review - Long (1 Viewer)

Ron Walsh

Auditioning
I would like to thank ed and kyle for your quick responses to my questions and i will pass them along to my neighbor mark as well as bringing my 2039pc+ over for a demo in his room. thanks again guys!!
Ron Walsh

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
No problem, Ron. And I think you will find your 20-39PC+ more than adequate to fill his 2,500 ft3 room with copious amounts of clean bass; that is a very strong sub.

Unless he wants to play HT at/near Dolby reference level, something less expensive like a single driver PC+ might be all he needs. You should definitely inquire about his listening tastes and his preferred playback volumes and incorporate that into his purchase decision. Have fun!

Regards,

Ed

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd just like to say, a PB2+ arrived late last week for some photography and it is absolutely built like a tank. The construction of this sub is almost beyond belief. The fact that the particular one I received is not a functioning unit (SVS needs to conserve those rare and valuable drivers for you paying customers) does not in any way make Ron guilty of cruel and unusual punishment. It really doesn't. ;)

I'd also like to comment that the finish, as Ed already stated, is remarkably tough as well. I almost wish I hadn't read this thread and Ed's fine review. Now I regret that much more that I have one in my possession and can't fire it up. Not to worry, I will finally end up with one of the SVS subs, and I think the PB2+ is probably the one.

What I can say for sure is that I have had the opportunity to hook a PC 25-31 into my system and it gave my $2,700 Velodyne ULD-18 II a serious run for it's money. considering the PC 25-31 is less than 1/4 the price of the Velodyne, I can't wait to "see" what the PB2+ is capable of.

Arthur Vino

Stunt Coordinator
Does that mean that PB2-Plus is tough enough to have a party in my room and allow football players or regular people to sit on it and maybe even spill a little Corona even, not that I would encourage it.?

TommyL

Supporting Actor
Arthur..I wouldn't doubt it...my B4+ has been used to stand on when hanging curtains etc...lol..this thing is built like a bombshelter..so I wouldn't doubt the PB2 is the same way:)

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
An article like this deserves some pics that do this sub (and the review) justice. Thanks to John Rice Photography in Ft. Collins CO!

This is a beautiful beast of a sub if I say so myself.

Ron

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Nice studio quality pics, Ron. But where's the passion? ;)

OK so my digi camera came from a cereal box, but I make up for it with artistic talent.

Meet Ruger, the latest in a line of champion hunting Labradors.

Ruger leaves a path of destruction everywhere he goes, but he has finally met his match in the PB2-Plus. After failing to ruin the finish, he had to settle for just sitting on it.

Until I fired it up. Then he promptly pee'd on it, and still no damage.

This is my kind of sub. Puppy proof. :)

Regards,

Ed

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
Does that mean that PB2-Plus is tough enough to have a party in my room and allow football players or regular people to sit on it and maybe even spill a little Corona even, not that I would encourage it?
If there was ever a sub built for withstanding even dorm level parties, the PB2-Plus is it. Yes, it can withstand being kicked. Yes, you can sit on it. Yes you can spill drinks on it - even that rot gut Corona. And its low center of gravity and stable footprint make it the perfect platform for women to kick off their shoes, jump up, and gyrate about in a drunken frenzy to the latest techno-grind while all your football player buddies look on and nod their approval.

Don't ask me how I know these things about the Built 2 Party - Plus. :b

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
BTW, Arthur, if you're going to use one of those pics as your background, go to This page and click to enlarge the pic you want. The shot you get will be larger and slightly cleaner.

Jowell Hanson

Auditioning
Your sub does not create interference with TV?
Though not a PB2, my 20-39 PC+ cannot sit within about 3 feet of my direct- view Toshiba.

People have suggested metal plates and what-not. I don't know...

I've come close to sending it back. Still futzing with positioning.

Caveat Emptor

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks