What's new

SVS PB12-Plus/2 or Paradigm Servo-15 v2 (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I'd say that's very conservative as you get down deep. The UFW thingie is being fixed, however, so it might come closer to some of its inital hype. Pretty box, though. And the rolloff might make it sound faster in some rooms.

Musical presentation is much more important to me than movie impact.
The only SVS sub I have heard was the 20-39-PC+. I had this in my system for one week. I found it to be great for movies, but totally unacceptable for music.
I could never get the SVS seamlessly intergraded into my system. You always knew that the sub was on and were it was located.
Using the same location and calibration I found the Servo 15 would totally disappear. I am continually getting comments from friends that the bass from those tower speakers is awesome or the best they have ever heard.
SVS owners, please do not take offence at this.
For my needs the SVS was not even close to the Servo 15. The paradigm stood head and shoulders over the 2039. YMMV.

Real Name
Cheung
Thanks for your comment Henry!! That's what I experienced in the demo. When the Servo-15 plays music, it is really nice and can be a system with the front speaker, but when it plays movie, it somehow lacks authority... I have never tried any SVS, especially the one I'm interested in - PB12+/2. As you said, there were lots of positive feedback about this subwoofer too, but I'm not sure, that's why I need more input... please!!!! More thoughts are welcomed...

subsound

Auditioning
Real Name
kevin bray
so you guys are saying that svs pb12-plus/2 has better output than the servo 15?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks