What's new

SVS ISDs in yet? (1 Viewer)

jonny h

Agent
Tom, Ron, or anyone with SVS-

Have you guys got the shipment of ISDs yet?

Anxious in waiting,
-Jon

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Jonny,

No not yet. They aren't projected to hit our loading dock until later in the week, which was actually best case. We were in contact with our woofer factory over the weekend though so all forces are being brought to eliminate shortages on this and some other items. Demand has been staggering (I think I mentioned we're refurbishing a large factory in Ohio just to keep up) and some key suppliers are scrambling to keep up themselves.

Our goal is to eliminate all backorders on all models before Christmas (and have our two new box subs shipping too).

We'll pause for a hour to eat our Thanksgiving dinners but other than that you can rest assured your SVS will go out as quick as is humanly possible to do without relaxing our high levels of QC. Express shipping on components, double shifts, 7 day work weeks. We stop at nothing but sometimes things manage to stop us (but only temporarily ;^).

Thanks for your patience!

Ron

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator
Our goal is to eliminate all backorders on all models before Christmas (and have our two new box subs shipping too).

Which two are those?

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

The PB2-Ultra and the PB1-Plus. It now appears the PB2-Ulta will beat the PB1-Plus to market by a week or two. This is all being driven by the fact that both models will sport new amps designed with them in mind (the Ultra will have a parametric EQ feature built into the amp we already use for the PB2-Plus, and the PB1-Plus will have a new version of our 525 watt amp now seen in our PC-Plus subs).

We're hoping to strat pre-orders on both very very soon now. Doing that without affecting models already available has been a top priority naturally.

Go here for a bit on each model:

http://www.svsubwoofers.com/news.htm

With any luck at all each might have the first ones ship before Christmas. It'll be tight though.

Ron

If I ordered my SVS at about the beginning of the month, the 2nd, should I look at it shipping late this week or early this week? As long as you're trying your best, that's good enough for me. I can wait, you guys should have lives, too ;)

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Peter, you sort of lost me on that one, but if you ordered one or about 2 DEC, I'm fairly sure it'll ship within 48 hours.

Assuming you are speaking about one of our products with the ISD woofer that is.

Other models might still be going thru a longer lag but as mentioned we're doing all we can to keep ahead of demand. Suffice it to say this is harder than ever during a brisk holiday period like we're seeing again this year.

Ron

Sorry if I didn't make much sense ^^; Just got home from work when I posted that and was kinda tired. I ordered a 25-31 PCi on November 2nd, so you're saying it should ship within 48 hours? If that's the case, pretty spiffy. And from the number of sales you're getting, it sounds like there should be a lot of happy home theater fans this Christmas.

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry Danny, I don't get over to the movie forum often. You'll have to translate ;^)

Peter,

I thought you were posing a hypothetical, and hadn't ordered yet.

I DO expect that the shop crew will have all ISD products out in a matter of days after we get our long awaited shipment. The woofers are still being built however so even this week is iffy for anything more going out frankly. And you know we're not going to rush a vendor that meets our stringent (they call it anal ;^) QC standards.

Like I said, we don't watch parades, so if we have to we'll be working on orders with a turkey sandwitch in our hands.

Don't worry, we'll wash our hands off ;^)

Ron

Ron,
I ordered a PB1-ISD on Monday 11/3 and haven't recieved it yet. I guess that it is also waiting on that ISD shipment? Thanks for keeping up the QC. I'd rather wait than get an inferior speaker put in my BEAUTIFUL new PB1 cabinet ;) Mike.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks