1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SVS Help. Two to Four question?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by JoelM, Jan 12, 2006.

1. JoelM

JoelM Well-Known Member

As I type this I have two SVS 25-31 CS+'s going into a Sampson 1000 amp. Now I want to buy two more SVS PCI 25-31's since they have the same driver as the CS+'s. The problem I think I'm going to have is connected them and this is where you come in. Exactly how can I do this? Is there a 3 female to one male cable so I can plug all 3 outgoing sub cable's(2 from the PCI's, 1 from the CS+'s) into my Denon 3805?

I figure this upgrade would benefit me more then going with two higher models. Less expensive. The bass should be twice as loud because I'm doubling the power and drivers correct? I want the earth to move. What exactly happened to the B4? Is it still offered?

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Well-Known Member

Robert
    The CS Plus and the PCi do NOT use the same driver.

-Robert

3. SethH

SethH Well-Known Member

You may want to hold off for a couple months. I seem to remember either Ron or Tom posting that they are working on a replacement for the B4 which I would presume would use the Ultra drivers instead of the plus. You might email them and ask if the B4 is available or if something similar will be available soon.

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Well-Known Member

John
    Robert_J is correct. I think you are confusing the PCi with the PC+, which does use the Plus driver. If that's the kind of oomph you're looking for, why not just move up to something like a pair of Ultras?

I believe what I heard about the B4s was that SVS's cabinet maker for the B4 went out of business I believe, so they are looking for a new one.

5. JoelM

JoelM Well-Known Member

Would 2 Ultra's really yield that much more output then my 2 CS+'s and 2 PC-Pluses?

Whoops I screwed up. I ment 2 PC-Plus. Those are the same drivers correct?

6. Robert_J

Robert_J Well-Known Member

Robert
    Yes. If you really want bass, you need to stop by the DIY section. We'll put you on the right path.

-Robert

7. JoelM

JoelM Well-Known Member

Yeah the subs are all calibrated, and it's a smooth response. I need more kick then the current. It's also a 20x30 room so I think I may pull the trigger.

It's funny because at one time I was going to build an infinate baffle with 16 Tempest drivers. Times have changed.

8. JoelM

JoelM Well-Known Member

Back on subject here:

Would I just connect the 2 PC Pluses into a Y-splitter then use the male side into another y-splitter and the other two CS+'s (from Sampson amp) into the other side of that splitter then go into the Denon 3805? Here's a diagram:

[​IMG]

9. John Garcia

John Garcia Well-Known Member

John
    I don't think it matters if you go splitter 1 -> splitter 2 -> PC+1 & 2 or the way you list; the end result should be the same.

I think maybe you should talk to Frank who has the dual B4s [​IMG]