1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

SV subwoofer new NSD Woofer for PC subs

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Joe Cole, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Joe Cole

Joe Cole Well-Known Member

Hi,

Recently I upgraded by 'old' SVS PC passive subs with SV's new NSD Woofer. I have owned two PC passive subs for around 8 years. This is the second woofer upgrade that SVS has offered. I've bought both. The original subs were good but good not handle the amount of bass I like [for movies]. For music they have always been great. The first upgrade improved on the .1 bass for films but still I could not play them as loud as I would have liked to.

With the new NSD Woofer my PC's shake the house, literally. They are clear, concise, and accurate. During the scene in the new Blu-Ray version of Fantastic Four when the space station is hit by the solar storm it felt has if I was on the station. The frequencies below audio hearing range were well represented. [​IMG]

These woofers will play louder than even I enjoy and they are not boomy at all. They do not seem to be straining as they shake my floor. Maybe I should turn down the gain.

If you have an old SVS PC passive sub or two I highly recommend the new NSD Woofer.