What's new

Survivor South Pacific official discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Used and then discarded like trash, who didn't see that coming for Johnny? Well I guess Johnny didn't. :laugh: I laughed out loud when during his exit speech he said it was an insult the way he was treated. What a putz, how could he have not seen this coming a mile away? As for the comment that he would have gone home sooner if he had stuck with his tribe, I don't see how you could make that statement. He would have at least lasted as long and had a much better chance to go farther if he had stayed with his original group. All that said watch him beat Ozzie next week, a victory by him at Redemption would be entertaining to say the least.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
My wife and I were wondering.....did we hear it right when we thought Cochrane had said he gave his mother massages?

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

As for the comment that he would have gone home sooner if he had stuck with his tribe, I don't see how you could make that statement. He would have at least lasted as long and had a much better chance to go farther if he had stayed with his original group.

At the merge Ozzie's team was up in numbers by 1 (7 vs 6). If Cochran stayed and they voted out.. Edna was it? they would have been up by 2 (7 vs 5). From this point on Ozzie's team could have safely ejected a member of their own tribe and still keep the numbers balance. If they really hated Cochran as much as it seems they did it's feasible to think they would have gotten rid of him as soon as they decided he was worthless. There's no reason to assume they would have kept him as part of the tribe out of loyalty. This has happened a number of times on Survivor (tho nearly always too early and with catastrophic results).

I can't think of anyone they may have wanted to get rid of before Cochran. He may have lasted as long as he did, but it's entirely possible he would have gone sooner.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I to was rooting for Dawn to boot Ozzy off the island,, whould have been a nice change. However, it did seem oddly pre-destined that Ozzy would win, makes you wonder how "real' some of this is, or if it's just setups by the producers to ensure a good show with decent ratings, If anybody deserved to go at coulcil, it certainly should have been Brandon, seems like a loose cannon that can go any direction on a moments' notice. Was a little bit lost with the whole Cochran story at council, but looks like he was used and spit out when no longer needed. Probably inevitiable as the numbers dwindle, he was safe and harmless to keep around for a while, but doubtful he could have gone much further even if he had been allowed to stay. Definitelyy one of the more enjoyable seasons.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Paul D G said:
At the merge Ozzie's team was up in numbers by 1 (7 vs 6).
I recall them being even at the merge, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Johnny switch because he did not have the stones to play out a possible "Rock" situation. If his original tribe had prevailed they would have been up one and that would have most likely gotten him to 6 at least. The only obstacle he would have faced making it to 6 was if the last of the other tribe had won immunity when they were down to 7 total players. If his tribe had survived to the last 6 he had a much better chance of going on in the game. Earlier Johnny and Jim teamed up to get rid of an Ozzy girl I would bet anything that if they had made it to 6 Johnny, Jim and Dawn would have formed a mini alliance to oust Ozzy when they could and take control of the game. He probably would have made it to the finals if he had stayed with his team.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Patrick_S said:
I recall them being even at the merge, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Johnny switch because he did not have the stones to play out a possible "Rock" situation. If his original tribe had prevailed they would have been up one and that would have most likely gotten him to 6 at least. The only obstacle he would have faced making it to 6 was if the last of the other tribe had won immunity when they were down to 7 total players. If his tribe had survived to the last 6 he had a much better chance of going on in the game. Earlier Johnny and Jim teamed up to get rid of an Ozzy girl I would bet anything that if they had made it to 6 Johnny, Jim and Dawn would have formed a mini alliance to oust Ozzy when they could and take control of the game. He probably would have made it to the finals if he had stayed with his team.
He very well could have if he was the "student of the game" he thinks he is.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I really wish Jeff would have asked Brandon what the entire voting pecking order was, because the dude is such a flat out whackjob that he would told everyone. The resulting fallout would have been hilarious.

According to Jim and Keith on Rob C's podcast (that's the Rob that sucks), both of them wanted to take Cochran with them as a goat. They both considered him a shoo-in for F3 and his decision to flip was considered inexplicable. Keith pointed out that he and that blond girl lobbied to keep him in the game twice over Ozzy's objections. Jim also argued to keep Cochran. In the end, the real reason Cochran flipped was because of Coach. Coach was the one who was able to sweet talk him into flipping.

Also, I'm finally able to get past the fact that Sophie looks like Wallace Shawn and I'm really starting to root for her. Then again, there's really isn't anyone else to root for.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Before Rick started talking this week I thought it was comedian Rob Schneider doing his best cowboy impersonation. Count me in to join the laugh track if Cochran beats Ozzie next week.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I would much rather see Cockroach join the jury so we are no longer forced to listen to his angst ridden soliloquies about how the nasty jocks kick sand in his face every time he goes to the beach.

Little Hanz just keeps getting creepier. Has there ever been another male on this show that cries as much as this guy?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Man, when Cochran gathered the gang together on the beach to give them his big address that they "owed him" before they went off to tribal council I was amazed at how he has been able to avoid the sun on his upper body during a month out in the open. Everyone else is as tanned as can be...and he was still lily white. Not even a trace of sun burn! The contrast was amazing.

I realize he's got a long sleeve dress shirt that he's wearing most of the time...but still. That takes some effort.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I thought Cochran was also amazingly white. Don't think I've ever seen another player that pale in this game. Must spend all his free time under the trees or with the long sleeved shirt on. Even if you're ashamed of your body, sometime in Survivor you've got to show it all, but he has been very brief when he does.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Damn - now with Whitney eliminated totally (except for Jury) there's no eye candy left ... what a shipwreck of a season...

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

I recall them being even at the merge, someone correct me if I'm wrong. Johnny switch because he did not have the stones to play out a possible "Rock" situation.

Haven't read further, but you're exactly correct.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I don't know about you guys but the challenge between Ozzie and Cochran was a real nail biter and there was a lot of cheering going on in our living room. The outcome left my youngest near tears (he takes these challenges SO seriously. thankfully he's not a sports fan!)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
It seemed to be scripted as a real nail biter. ;-) They should've gave them a puzzle since Ozzy wouldn't have had a chance. But they scripted it differently didn't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks