What's new

Survivor Phillipines (season 25) (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Mike Frezon said:
But Zane was a young guy who must've never gotten off his couch...or maybe had a medical condition.
During Tribal Council he claimed to have just quit smoking immediately before coming to the island.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
Originally Posted by Paul D G /t/323883/survivor-phillipines-season-25#post_3979691

During Tribal Council he claimed to have just quit smoking immediately before coming to the island.

My wife commented when he said that was this is the probably the reason why he wanted off. Couldn't stand the craving anymore! Saying it was strategy was just an excuse. He didn't realize how hard it would hit. There was someone else that quit just as the show started and if I recall, had issues also.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hanson /t/323883/survivor-phillipines-season-25#post_3979735
You're thinking about Shane Powers from Panama.

Shane is the guy who built his own Blackberry out of wood and coconut shells (ala Gilligan's Island)...but then went around and "sent" text messages on it!

Classic.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
This has to be one of the most entertaining Survivor episodes ever. Forget The Graduate's "Plastics" We now a a new one-word statement
"Cookies"
That, and all the double-entendre lines sprinkled through the episode.
Really good episode.
David

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The double entendre through the whole thing was KILLER. When they started talking about needing wood I COMPLETELY lost it. I had to pause my DVR I was laughing so hard. The "cookies" bit was also hilarious. And the moment Roxy started throwing out "CREEPY!" at the meeting and then "it's like a booby trap.. sorry.. but you know, LITERALLY!"

Hilarious stuff

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What was interesting was how even Russell knew to get on-board with voting out who he voted out, going with the crowd.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I'm sure the shemale lady told Russell she was sticking with the cuddlers, so either he could vote with them or totally be on the outs. That's the way it usually works, but they edit it for suspense.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Hanson,

I suppose that is probably true, but given the rant that Roxy went on, coupled with her complete nervous breakdown because of rain, not to mention her speaking in tongues () it is not completely unbelievable that Russell may have reconsidered who he was throwing in with.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
ChristopherG said:
Hanson,
I suppose that is probably true, but given the rant that Roxy went on, coupled with her complete nervous breakdown because of rain, not to mention her speaking in tongues (:confused: ) it is not completely unbelievable that Russell may have reconsidered who he was throwing in with. 
I think the entire team is gone after the merge, mix-up, whatever they do. One by one whoever is left will be picked off. It seems like Russell is the next target, why didn't he keep Roxy, make it a tie and at least make an attempt to break up the couple, he might have still had a chance.
Also don't think Roxy was speaking in tongues, sounded more like an African prayer, chant or something similar. But she certainly switched quickly to bitch mode when they lost the challenge.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I knew she was speaking in tongues because she was saying the same things that disgraced televangelist Robert Tilton used to say when he claimed to be speaking in tongues. Tilton, incidentally, is famous on YouTube as Pastor Gas or The Farting Preacher.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Well, at least Roxy is gone. Won't have to listen to that gibberish again.
I've been listening to an Annie Lennox CD recently that has one song where she sings with Madonna and a lot of other well known women. The last minute or so of the song has something that sounded sort of like whatever Roxy was saying, just set to music, but I have absolutely no idea what they mean. Obviously not the same "speaking in tongues", just reminded me of it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Gents,

Missed the first two episodes.

Is it worth watching this season thus far?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Ronald Epstein said:
Gents,
Missed the first two episodes.
Is it worth watching this season thus far?
I would say Yes. But if you do, be sure to go back and watch the first two episodes (especially the 2nd - IMO, one of the most entertaining Councils ever)
At least this season, there is no one overtly offensive (as opposed to last season)
Whether the season ends up great, good, or only so-so, its too soon to tell. (I've don't believe there's ever been a 'bad' season, as I always found at least some parts entertaining)
David

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Spent the last 2 hours getting caught up on the web.

I also had to get caught up on the conversation here.

Agree, one or two shows in, this is already a better
season than the last.

Love the eye candy this season, but Angie and her
"cookies" remark took things to an entirely new level.

Was happy to see Zane as the first to go, but really,
Russell had been gnawing on my nerves more than
Roxy was. Just don't like the way he takes on the
leadership role despite the fact he touts it’s the last
thing he wants.

Shalom Roxy!

Good to be back with this group for another season.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Kind of a shock to see the final vote. I was positive Russell was on his way out, but he survived. In a way it was smart for Angie's partner to vote her out since being a couple on this type of show is pretty dangerous, it's just so rare that they come to their senses before it's too late.
Still may be too late for the tribe, even if the few that are left do survive until the merge, I think they'll just be picked off one by one and the battle will come down to the two main tribes.
What was the deal with Russell? Looks to be in great physical shape, yet couldn't even climb a small ladder to get out of the water? Maybe it's like those bodybuilders that train and train to get these huge physiques, just strictly to show off, but have no endurance behind it and tire easily.
As for the other tribes, I like Skupin and hope he can somehow breakup the people plotting against him. Still a lot of dead wood that should be eliminated first before things settle down to the really good players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks