What's new

Survivor: Pearl Islands (1 Viewer)

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
I think Lill prepared that statement just for the reunion show.

I'm pretty sure, based on the footage from the show, that she was choosing who was going to come in second. She is just not smart enough to have seen through that huge illusion created by Jon and Burton and reinforced by Darrah and Sandra who also bought into that illusion.

OT

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I really don't understand the bad feelings a lot of people here take towards Rupert. I hope he goes all the way in all stars!

there were some funny lines in the first hour of the show!

- there's Jon in bed with 3 women! that's a first! (Jeff, when he was delivering champagne)
- great body (Jon to Nichole's torch)
- this is a man's contest, and I'm the best man, I should win. If this was a getting pregnant contest, then a woman can win! (Jon to camera about the three women left with him on the island)

damn funny show!

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Gotta give Burton the "Dumb Question Award." He made this huge stink before TC about honesty and giving his vote to whomever is the most honest with him. Then he asks "Rate your Survival Skills from 1-10. Dope! He also gets my award for "Dumbest Exit Speech" by a hair over Rupert's "My Life is Over" speech.

Lil was awful, the blubbering got to me too. I don't think it was theatrics, like Fairplay said, I think it was just annoying.

I still think Probst is pissed about Osten. It's almost like they feel like Osten made fools of the people who cast him for the show.

You have to hand it to Fairplay for lasting an extra tribal council. He spun Darrah right out of there in a hurry. He did a great job with that. Then again he was working on Lil's mind which is kind of like putting together a 1-piece puzzle.

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
I really question the intellect of everyone in the final 9 except Jon after seeing their answer to:

What is the best way to avoid a shark attack?

DUH....

OT

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Oliver, yeah I was wondering about that too... how could everyone NOT get that one right?

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
I think the reason they didn't show previews to the All Star edition is because although it's been rumored who's on it, CBS or Mark Burnett hasn't officially said yet. I think they were just wanting to keep it a secret a little longer and then the trailers for the first episode can all center on who's it going to be? And try to make it out to be more than it is, since those that really care already have a good idea.

I'm glad Sandra won...we all know I can't stand Lill. The reunion show always leaves me wanting more and better answers. Jeff does a good job, just wanted more out of it. Sounds like there's been some hook ups after the show filmed. Darrah looked awful last night, and if she's wanting to get into modeling, that's not the way to do it.
Oh, and Rupert's woman didn't look like I expected! I was like Jeff, pretty darn amazed! What's he complaining about!!! LOL!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
They should have started at 7:30 and had a 90-minute reunion, but with Saddam being captured and all I guess we should be thankful the show wasn't bumped.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I really don't understand the bad feelings a lot of people here take towards Rupert. I hope he goes all the way in all stars!
My problem with him is he loudly proclaims himself the strongest and the best one out there. Then he breaks down and whines about it feeling like high school and him being the poor little fat kid. Then he again proclaims he's the best and noone can beat him. Then he goes ballistic because someone voted for him...oh my god, how dare someone vote for the great Rupert!?!?

Then he is constant scowling at the tribal councils while watching the others.

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
Jon said something to the effect of "no, and maybe in the all-stars, my grandpa will die." So, we know that Jon is in the All-Star, but that is it.
When I heard that I thought he said "maybe on allstars my grandma will die". After that I was glad he didnt win, but since he said "grandpa" thats much better. I knew he was a prick but that would have been going a little too far.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I just remembered that Burton worked for that vaporware company Infinium Labs. No wonder he was good at manipulating people. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Rupert, on the Pearl Islands, was a man-child without the social graces to slide through the tribal councils. Sure, he's entertaining to watch and listen to at times, but Savage also noted that Rupert's "mental" game wasn't up to snuff in conjunction with his physical/survival game.

Mike Slade

Second Unit
I think the reason they didn't show previews to the All Star edition is because although it's been rumored who's on it, CBS or Mark Burnett hasn't officially said yet. I think they were just wanting to keep it a secret a little longer and then the trailers for the first episode can all center on who's it going to be? And try to make it out to be more than it is, since those that really care already have a good idea.
At the end of the previous seasons though the trailers didn't ever show the contestants I don't think. They just previewed the location and gave some hints and teases as to the changes in the game. Right?

Curt_Dennis

Stunt Coordinator
Could be Mike Slade...I really don't remember. I guess I do remember Jeff showing off Africa or Australia locations. In any case, I don't think any of us are going to be missing the first episode.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
I'm constantly in awe that people assume that Survivor is a reflection of real life. They kept harping on Lil about that, and her answer should have been 'You know what? Survivor is an artificial environment, with an artifical social structure, artifical rules, and an abritrary requirement for somebody to lose *every three days.* So no, my real life ethics and ideas really don't enter into it.'

It also never ceases to amaze me that people get so pissed off about being voted out; nobody ever cussed Rupert out for his votes; why does he see fit to do it all to them?

I remember a season or two ago, on the Reunion show, Jeff said 'Come on, guys, this is basic game theory. Go read the works of John Nash.'

Basic game theory, like the Prisoner's Dilemma and the Iterative Prisoner's Dilemma, more or less work out to 'screw the other guy as soon as possible,' as I recall it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks