What's new

Survivor Palau: Season 10 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

:frowning: That's a shame. They should just pre-empt CSI for the night. I truly believe that one of the reasons Vanuatu wasn't as interesting was because the one-hour premiere. We didn't know the characters at the beginning of the season; and Brook's boot was barely explained. We need at least 90 minutes, preferably two hours.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This is supposedly the way it's going down in the 1st episode:

With 20 contestants, they pair them up in teams of two, and then each teams gets a map to reach a specific destination, and the last team to arrive is booted off the island. This sounds like "The Amazing Race" meets "Survivor".

Then tribes are formed with the remaining 18 contestants, and the 3rd person to get the boot will come from the tribal council of the losing tribe in the immunity challenge. So 3 will get the boot on the first show.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

Very true, but the press release does state Feb 17, 8pm-9pm :frowning: My guess is that they don't want to tangle with "The Apprentice" which will already have a hold on its timeslot for 4 weeks prior.

As for Patrick's spoiler: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Maybe we finally will get a true shakeup of the show

Chris

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
What's most annoying about it being an hour is that the first TWO episodes of Apprentice will be 90 minutes. And that's a show that most people could care less about after the disaster that was Apprentice 2.

I don't know; lately it just seems that MB is setting Survivor aside so he can work on other projects that aren't as interesting and won't get as many viewers.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Poor guy. He's a mastermind at the game but he just wasn't using logic I suppose.

I still would love to meet the guy.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Oh, I also found interesting in the Smoking Gun piece that the contestants get paid $10,000 for appearing on the reunion show.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I believe that was just in the first season. Back then, with no idea of how successful the show would be, they had to pay the cast money in order to appear at the reunion show. (Rumor has it that Stacey, the one who tried to sue Burnett, was protesting for higher pay but when she realized she was the only cast member doing so, she took the $10,000.) Nowadays, all of that is included in their contracts (as are the Early Show interviews and other media things), so while they do receive a small amount of money for each of these, it isn't $10,000 anymore.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
IMHO, it shouldn't be posted until after the first episode has aired. Picking people based on what it says about them on the website is a complete crapshoot.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
But then that means three less people have a chance to make a pick. And also, isn't the whole point not seeing how they played (and how the show is edited) yet? :confused: Otherwise, there would only be a few people worth picking.

Besides, the Vanuatu one was posted day of the cast announcement IIRC.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
There's a very interesting article in EW where Probst ranks the seasons...his list is pretty different from mine, especially where we rank Marquesas...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
And boy, does Probst hate Johnny Fairplay...

BTW, Probst about how they screwed up the Purple Rock tie-breaker in the Marquesas:

Here's how Probsts ranks the seasons:

Borneo (the original season)
Australia (the amazing cast season)
Pearl Islands (the most filled with characters season)
All-Stars (the most filled with egos season, he hated this season)
The Amazon (the most unpredictable season)
Vanuatu (the most personal season)
Africa (the dry season)
Marquesas (the boring season)
Thailand (the slimey season)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
If anyone has the TV Guide Channel, they are showing a 1 hour Palau preview, hosted by Jeff Varner (from the Aus. Outback). Very interesting so far, and it does go over some of the contestants, and comments from Probst. They are repeating it several times in the next few days.

Chris

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
This was a very interesting special; much better than the Vanuatu preview.

I like Coby a lot more after hearing him say, "I hate Rupert! I just can't stand him!" Go Coby! :)

Who is everyone rooting for? My ranking:
1. Tom
2. Ian
3. Willard
4. Katie
5. Jolanda
6. Coby
7. Angie
8. Jennifer
9. James
10. Janu
11. Stephenie
12. Jonathan
13. Kim
14. Wanda
15. Caryn
16. Bobby Jon
17. Ashlee
18. Jeff
19. Ibrehim
20. Gregg

Any update on the HTF Challenge? With the Meet the Contestant videos up, now's the perfect time to post it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I still want dibs on Kim or Stephenie!

Former Survivor upcoming sightings:

Ethan (Africa winner) and Jenna (Amazon winner), now a couple, will be on Fear Factor's couple challenge in a few weeks from now. I guess their 15 minutes aren't up yet.

Marc Bax

Second Unit

That's actually Fear Factor's "Reality Stars" edition. Other's set to compete include Reichen (Amazing Race), Omarosa (guess), Ryan Sutter (Bachelorette), and Nikki McKibbin (American Idol).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks