What's new

Survivor - Heroes vs. Villians (season 20) official discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
The vote for Randy was like the vote for Sugar a completely uncontroversial choice. Early in the game you may not want to play your hand too soon and reveal your alliances. Voting for Randy eliminated a universally disliked player who was weak in challenges. It offends no one, and it tells no one any details about your real allies or enemies on the tribe. The problem with that strategy is that Randy is not a leader likely to build opposition to you, he is no real threat to anyone. By giving threats like Cerie and Parvati a pass early, you give them time to build alliances and defend themselves. What's interesting about this game is it seems that with past seasons of experience, some alliances (Tom & Steph, Cerie, James, Amanda, maybe Parvati) came into the game already formed. Makes the strategy much more interesting.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Matt^Brown

James really might have went off the deep end.
One thing is for certain, he's become an egomaniacal prick. I liked him on the other installments of Survivor, but I absolutely loathe him this time around. I hope his ass gets blindsided SOON.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I seriously didn't think JT had the balls to go through with it. Bravo, Heroes, Bravo. I still want a villain to win...

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Holy shit! Are you guys dead inside? No one discussing the most T&A filled challenge EVER? Oiled down babes in bikinis shot at all angles? For a minute I thought I was watching Howard Stern.

I could have perhaps done without seeing Courtney like that. She looked like Jack Skellington. James looked like he was made of metal.

And there must have been some heavy editing since we never got to see Pavarti take a turn. There were 8 players but they only played best out of seven? I assume they really played best out of 9 or 11 then edited it to look like it came down to the wire. Which implies that the Villains probably ran away with this one.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Our household was thrilled at the way tonight's vote went. I refused to believe it was possible that JT would really bolt the alliance...until I saw the name on the ballot.

As any longtime HTF Survivor fan knows, Cirie has always been one of my least favorite players.

And what was up with the music/voice mix during the closing credits?!? I could hardly hear anything she said in her final confessional.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
At least she wasn't cut off like everyone else so far. Seriously, you need to shave the 2 seconds it takes to finish the sentence?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Yeah, I forgot Pavarti sat out. I wasn't really keeping track of the guys.

I joked that when Danielle went, she would dive to the ground and then bounce right back up.

Because her boobs are fake.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I mentioned the same thing to my daughter. James looked like Colossus in XMen 3. Fantastic TC and vote. I like Cirie and she is dangerous. Loved how she took the vote in stride. I think she has class as a player.

Tim Fennell

Stunt Coordinator
Cirie finally got hers... She engineered so many of those blindsides that you'd figure anyone who had seen her play before would be on their guard. Tom finally took her out - he tried in show #1 but couldn't amass the votes. I don't like Cirie, but understand why she's on the all-stars. However i think she should have been a villain.
Looks like another physical challenge with the EMTs coming in to do triage next week. I wish they'd stick to endurance, strategy or skill on challenges and not have things that get people hurt. It's just not fun to watch and puts the players at risk. Look at Rupert, he's been playing with a broken toe.

Finally, we both laughed out loud when Rob called Russell a Hobbit on crack. Rob has some of the funniest lines on the show.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
How about Tyson telling a weeping Coach to: Lose the feather at tribal, stop telling your stories - no one believes them, and finally, stop doing your Tai Chi on the beach - go off into the jungle. My god that was some funny shit. Also - Boston Rob telling Coach to "be a man" that was some classic Survivor moments right there....

From freezing the frame on the preview from next week it looks like Coach is in fact the person who needs medical attention. Could be wrong....

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
What an outstanding episode! It's so refreshing to see Survivor filled with smart, savvy players. Though I'm a big Cerie fan, I loved seeing the blindside take her out. JT knew that as a strong challenge performer he would fall under Cerie's sights sooner or later. He also correctly assumed that he's far more likely to get a straight answer from Colby or Tom than Cerie. Just a few random thoughts about the players.

Cerie: you were tactically clever as usual but your tribe mates know your game. You couldn't float under the radar here. Your game was always designed to benefit only one person, yourself. Going after Colby and Tom, when your tribe is losing and you are worthless in challenges was too obvious a move. You shoulda been a villain. I would have loved to see you work your magic with Boston Rob and Russell. Goodbye, but you will be missed.

Boston Rob: now the undisputed most dangerous man in the game. Smart, savvy, great in challenges, the whole Villains tribe marches to your orders. I would love to see you make the finals. Your only flaw is that you're too high profile.

Tom & Colby: both solid challenge competitors and have made the integrity card work. If you can use that to build an alliance that won't flop on you, you may go deep. That will be hard to do after the merge. People fear you, and that puts a target on your back.

Russell: gone from puppet master to pathetic. Despite his grandiose opinion of himself, he is running nothing. Made an enemy of Boston Rob and your tribe by your idol search. Took the focus off Parvati. You are now the next target.

James: I've done a 180 on James. Loved him in China and Fans vs. Faves. Now he's all bluster and a tool to boot. Wants a strong tribe but votes out Stephanie and Tom/Colby while taking orders from Cerie? You've lost any integrity. You're strong enough that the heroes will keep you for a while. But if you survive the merge, the heroes won't trust you and the villains will play you.

JT: the second most dangerous man in the game. Terrific at challenges, well liked, and most importantly always seems to be underestimated. No one seems to fear him like they fear Tom and Colby.

Rupert: totally weak. You say you want the tribe to be unified and strong but you hang with Cerie who was trying to burn down the tribe one strong player at a time. No integrity, no challenge skills, no strategic sense I can see.

Parvati: her stock is rising. Clever in the relationship game. Manipulates men well. Thanks to Russell the spotlight is off her for now.

Right now if I could have my way, I'd love to see J.T. and Boston Rob last to the jury.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

Amanda looked damned yummy all oiled up like that and she was also insanely hot in her private testimonials
Yeah where are those screen caps?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks