What's new

Survivor - Heroes vs. Villians (season 20) official discussion thread (1 Viewer)

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Originally Posted by Diallo B

I don't care for Stephanie either, in fact I don't like anyone very much on the "Heroes" tribe. But if you think James is playing a winning game with his mouth then I bet you also think Jay Leno is funny. Oh.....

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by ChristopherG /forum/thread/296146/survivor-heroe...20-official-discussion-thread/90#post_3662851

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
The only hope for Tom and Colby now is to start winning immunity challenges. That would give them the time to work on alliances again. I was really disappointed in James; he's been a favorite of mine in both China and Fans vs. Faves. He was never smart or sneaky enough to win, but he was a wonder at strength challenges and fun to listen to. I think he's changed this season because he has been stung by the "stupid" accusation he continually receives for getting voted out with two immunity idols. He's probably trying to take a more proactive, strong leadership role to prevent that but he only comes across as bullying.

Tom had the right idea to take Cerie out early but I fear he has already lost that chance. The woman is a master. She is totally useless in challenges and yet no one ever votes for her. She plays the social game better than anyone yet never seems a threat. Notice how when she confided in Candice (I believe), she didn't tell her who to vote for, she asked her who she would choose. Russell bullies, Cerie is the confidant, the friend. She told Candace she didn't care who to vote for, just so it wasn't her. She's ready to burn down her tribe, vote out strong players, face tribal after tribal because she is confident she can survive tribals and even a merge in the minority. I love her game, but she is pure villain through and through.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Stephen_L

The only hope for Tom and Colby now is to start winning immunity challenges.

Tom had the right idea to take Cerie out early but I fear he has already lost that chance. h.

I think Tom still has a good chance because I believe JT will keep him around. JT seems to be trying to play a strong game this time and he needs another million dollar winner in camp.

Tom definitely showed he was smart when he wanted to vote Cerie out right away. I think the Cerie, Amanda, and James group is stronger then they are showing and Cerie is doing her part to keep Candace under control.

Rupert is an old crabby man and I don't want him to stay around much longer.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
From what I gathered from Stephenie's interviews, Rupert and James have let their Survivor fame go to their heads. Apparently, they spent a lot of time talking about how much money they made from Survivor related functions and James went on and on about the chicks he banged.

If the Heroes were smart (which is something that appears to be in short supply at their camp), they would have ditched Rupert for being useless in both physical challenges (due to his broken toe) and puzzle challenges (due to dimbulb-itis). Probst mentioned in his blog that voting off strong players based on alliances this early in the game is bad strategy and will just result in the tribe being picked off one by one. But once again, the show illustrates how difficult it is to pull back and see the forest for the trees when you're 24/7 in the thick of the forest. All you can see are trees.

It has all the makings of the Villains cruising to merge. This might be Ulong and Koror all over again. The only hitch would be someone on the Villains tribe throwing a challenge for a strategic boot.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
JT would be wise to keep Tom around; Tom's million dollar argument is a sound one. If either of the million dollar winners faces a jury with a non-winner it's gonna be a tough sell to give a second million to either Tom or JT. But to choose between two million dollar winners gives each a better shot.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I think it would be easier to convince a jury to give Tom or JT another million dollars than to engineer a Tom & JT final 2.

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Stephen_L

Tom had the right idea to take Cerie out early but I fear he has already lost that chance. The woman is a master. She is totally useless in challenges and yet no one ever votes for her. She plays the social game better than anyone yet never seems a threat. Notice how when she confided in Candice (I believe), she didn't tell her who to vote for, she asked her who she would choose. Russell bullies, Cerie is the confidant, the friend. She told Candace she didn't care who to vote for, just so it wasn't her. She's ready to burn down her tribe, vote out strong players, face tribal after tribal because she is confident she can survive tribals and even a merge in the minority. I love her game, but she is pure villain through and through.

I totally agree!!!! Cerie has the best social game in the history of Survivor. She has the ability to get into peoples heads like no other player,(I think She is a Jedi) and she uses this skill to be invisible at Tribal Council.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Cerie's flaw is her complete inability to win physical challenges. When you get down to the final four, you usually need to win your way to the final 2/3. I was trying to imagine who Cerie would best take toward the final four. It's probably a crazy thought but if she could link up with James, she could use his strength to win challenges, and he is not sufficiently strategic to turn on her late in the game IMO. His recent behavior would also possibly make him unpopular to a jury.

My favorite player is Tom, but he won a million dollars thanks to a number of circumstances not likely to be repeated. He was the dominant challenge winner on a winning tribe that obliterated the other tribe before the merge. (Steph was all that was left of their opponents) So he didn't need to face any new rivals or alliances after the merge. He was completely physically dominant and won his way to the finals, something I don't think he can repeat. He had the second strongest player as his ally.

J.T. is a huge threat. Like Cerie he has the Jedi gift of likability (he was the unanimous winner his year) as well as the ability to win challenges. He's socially savvy; no one ever votes for him at tribal. He could be Cerie's biggest problem, more even than Tom.

On the Villains side, the commercials suggest to me that the Villains lose this week, because the clips have Russell threatening to take out Rob. I think he's going to get his head handed to him if he tries that. I really love Rob but he's too high profile. Like Tom, if he's to survive he'll need to win his way to the finals with challenges.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

From what I gathered from Stephenie's interviews, Rupert and James have let their Survivor fame go to their heads. Apparently, they spent a lot of time talking about how much money they made from Survivor related functions and James went on and on about the chicks he banged.
At least Rupert has done some good with the children's charity that he started with the money he won from being a fan favorite. This was covered on the pre-season episode.

And I don't think James needs TV fame to get women. I'm sure his build will accomplish that for him.

Jay Leno rocks, BTW. Just a few more days til the real Tonight Show resumes.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood

And I don't think James needs TV fame to get women. I'm sure his build will accomplish that for him.
But adding on that extra 30 minutes of fame (he's already had two bites at the 15-minute apple. He's now on his third.) can't hurt, either.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ya know, some here might think this is blasphemy (sorry Pat) but I think that Parvati is edging Amanda out slightly in the hot department, she was lookin' damn yummy, especially at Tribal.

While I'm not as good at seeing all the different moves and strategies as you guys I am good at seeing a great episode and that was a great episode.

That was one entertaining immunity competition, how primal did Rupert look all muddied up lol?

Russell's driving need to be the Alpha male is going to bite his ass if he's not careful, possibly next week.

I liked Boston Rob's point of view on how to spot alliances, to look at who sleeps with who, that was great. I bet he knows, his alliance was so powerful he married it lol.

Later Randy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Inspector Hammer!

Ya know, some here might think this is blasphemy (sorry Pat) but I think that Parvati is edging Amanda out slightly in the hot department, she was lookin' damn yummy, especially at Tribal.
[John McLaughlin]Wrong![ /John McLauglin], did you not see the cameraman give us Amanda fans just a quick but front full-on shot of Amanda in the first half of the episode, and then a shot of her pelvis section (amazing skin tone) during the inquisition segment by Candace? Amanda's bod is sick.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
The heros were very primal during that challenge. They needed it and wanted it much more than the Villians. They were feeding off each other.

Have we figured out if people have seen Russel on the previous season? Next weeks preview showed the entire team looking for the Idol all over the place. Are they all just looking because they have a clue or are they doing what Russel did last season?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been wondering why Russell hasn't been "in search of" a Hidden Immunity Idol yet, too.

Still chuckling over Randy's analysis of Parvati's strength as a player based on her nice "wiggle."

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I might have to take back some of what I said earlier in the thread. James really might have went off the deep end.

Why did everyone vote Randy off? I didn't understand that logic.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Matt^Brown

Why did everyone vote Randy off? I didn't understand that logic.
That might've been a decision of the heart rather than the mind. They get back to camp...everyone's worried "will it be me?"...and Randy is the easy mark because he's a very difficult person to get to know (something he freely admits about himself. He just doesn't like people. In his last season he said his deceased dog was a better friend to him than any person ever would be.). Then you see behavior like Sandra's "as long as it's not me I'll vote for whoever 'they' say to vote for."

So...Randy becomes the "easy" choice. Not the strategic choice.

The votes will get a lot tougher for the villains after this one.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Randy is unlikable. He had the equally misanthropic Corinne as an ally in Gabon, but no one in the Villains tribe could stand him. They all refused to eat with him when he offered food! That's hatred!

Maybe it was the way it was planned, but to break out such a seriously physical challenge for immunity like they did smacks of the producers trying to stop the Heroes tribe from bleeding to death so early on. I would have bet money on the Heroes winning, but after it was 3-0, I figured it was a clean sweep since they didn't show any Villain tribe victory since the editors like to show matches out of order to increase the tension.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks