What's new

Survivor - Heroes vs. Villians (season 20) official discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Patrick, are you sure this just isn't a way for you to bring back Dolly?

Don't ferget about Chicken!

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mattCR

They didn't do quite this, but in early seasons of the game, they said that all the votes against you were tallied from the moment you walked onto the island (so you got "3" votes against week 2, then "2" week 5 etc) and in case of a tie, to get to the final tribal (when it was two people) the one with the fewest total votes against would go.

I like that system. If they did it that way.. the one with the fewest standing votes against them (votes against when an idol play do not count, still) for the total of the journey should have a portion of the vote in the final two as well. :)

There couldn't have been a tie, since the person who won the last immunity chose who to take to the finals, and there was an odd number on the jury.

Now with a final 3 and 9 jurors, a 2-way or 3-way tie is possible. How would they resolve that?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Martino

I think they should do a season with only people who were voted off first from their tribes from their seasons - give them another chance. It would be full of people who were either so week in challenges or so annoying to be voted off first.

You mean annoying people like Russell, who get voted off first? Oh wait, he never got voted out.

I don't think that the first ones to go necessarily did anything wrong- somebody has to go.

What about making it all people who didn't make it to the jury or to the merge?

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Originally Posted by Chris Lockwood

Now with a final 3 and 9 jurors, a 2-way or 3-way tie is possible.

I think they should go back to what they used to do and have two players at the end. That was much better. This nonsense of having three players at the end is a terrible idea in my opinion. Seven jurors, nine jurors, it really doesn't matter much either way. With two players to choose from it takes four votes to win with seven jurors, five votes to win with nine jurors.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

Patrick, are you sure this just isn't a way for you to bring back Dolly?

Don't ferget about Chicken!

There ain't nothing wrong with bringing back Dolly!!! (And she went 2nd in her season, although it's amazing how she leveraged her 'swing' vote status into that early exit is still somewhat of a mystery. hee hee. Okay, not really, Bug-eyed Eliza was the culprit)

Had to look up Chicken from the China season. Guess I forgot about him.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Lecagr

I think they should go back to what they used to do and have two players at the end. That was much better. This nonsense of having three players at the end is a terrible idea in my opinion. Seven jurors, nine jurors, it really doesn't matter much either way. With two players to choose from it takes four votes to win with seven jurors, five votes to win with nine jurors.

As it was pointed out to me, you can even win with 4 votes on a jury of 9 if the other 5 votes get split 3 and 2 for the other 2 contestants.

As for ties with a 9-person jury (4-4-1, or even 3-3-3), I'd love to see a fire-building showdown for $1 million!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see a Second Chance season with people who got out early or got screwed through no fault of their own. I asked Jeff Probst about this on Twitter and he said it would only appeal to diehard fans but I don't think that's the case. I think for most viewers it would just end up being like any other season.

Must-haves would include Mike Skupin (the guy who fell in the fire), Silas Gaither (screwed over by the first-ever tribal swap), and Kelly Goldsmith (who was booted because she was falsely accused of voting for Lex...and because she's my all-time favorite and damn it, that's a valid enough reason).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Chicken was trying to play UTR, but somehow, he was too aggressively UTR and his noncommittal responses annoyed the shit out of everyone. Plus, he was so passive aggressive he could never truly be "under the radar".

I think I hated the entire season of Africa because of the episode where Kelly was voted out.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I actually love Africa (I need to do a new season ranking now that S20's over) but after Kelly leaves it goes severely downhill. Especially after Frank goes. Damn you, Mark Burnett, for casting my two favorite players ever in the same season and not having either crack the top 6.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Besides Rudy, Frank Garrison is the most quotable contestant ever. He just had a way of phrasing things in a way that was simultaneously wise, confusing, and just strange. I always like to use the "I spent nine months of softness in my mother's womb, everything's hard after that" line, although his best moment has to be the never breaking the honor of a handshake. (When the tribes merged, they played the "I never" game--everyone was sharing stories of sexual escapades, alcohol-related incidents, etc. and Frank comes over and tells them he has never broken the honor of a handshake. Enter awkward silence.) BTW, Richard Hatch has commented on the S20 finale. I don't know that there's any better authority on how to play this game, and this is his spot-on take:
Let’s be clear… Sandra played a brilliant game. I’m shocked by how few people (viewers and players) understand what it takes to win. Sandra played so well, the hobbit (and his fans) didn’t even notice her gameplay. Parvati was also an AMAZING player. Poor Russell still doesn’t have a clue.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That's because Sandra, even though she's kinda rough around the edges, understands game theory to advance herself in the game, while Russell, again, a bull in a china shop, only knows how to make it to FTC, but then hasn't enough tact to not piss off the jury and own up to luck playing a part of his journey to FTC (his ego wouldn't allow him to consider it).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
That's a shame, I hoped it was part of a long interview. Also, I don't have facebook.

Thank for the info, Patrick.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
All you have to do is let Facebook sell just a little bit of your privacy, and you can have all the Facebook you can handle!

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by AnthonyC

BTW, Richard Hatch has commented on the S20 finale. I don't know that there's any better authority on how to play this game, and this is his spot-on take:

Hard to take anything seriously from a guy who couldn't figure out that he was supposed to pay taxes on his $1 million prize that the whole country knew he won.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Sure, Hatch is a legendary player and a student of the game, but he tried to dodge his taxes so none of his opinions matter

I need a script to automatically insert eyerolls whenever I respond to Lockwood.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks