What's new

Survivor: Gabon - Season 17 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Ditto. I should be thrilled to see Bob win, as he's been my favorite from the first episode, but the final three just leaves a terrible taste in my mouth. I like Bob but I would be more than willing to give up him winning in order to go back to the final two that works a lot better structurally and entertainment-wise. Besides, he did absolutely terribly at the final Tribal Council--it's almost a joke to have the eventual winner open with "I didn't outwit or outplay..."

Here's how I'd rank the seasons:
1. Borneo
2. Marquesas
3. Pearl Islands
4. Africa
5. China
6. Panama
7. Amazon
8. Gabon
9. Palau
10. All-Stars
11. Outback
12. Micronesia
13. Thailand
14. Guatemala
15. Fiji
16. Vanuatu
17. Cook Islands

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
For me, All stars would be a lot higher. But I couldn't stand any of the Jurors questions this year. They were not clever and more "sour-grapes" then usual. Even Marcus had stupid questions and he is supposed to be smart.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Also, because Jeff said Marcus' IQ was well beyond the 2nd smartest person (which was Randy) in the entire group.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter
Just a general question: Would anyone besides me think a season where they bring in teams from The Amazing Race would be pretty entertaining? Start them out together but split TAR teammates up by merges and so on. I'd definitely watch.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I've thought that it's only a matter of time until they bring in couples or something. Like 8 couples, and split them down the middle for the first two teams. Would be very interesting to watch.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

This is one part of the show that I think has really went down hill. I know Sue threw her famous fit in season 1 but now it seems like every jury member just pisses and moans about their position. I wish Jeff would say something before the jury got a chance to speak about it not being a personal soap box. I don't want to hear a group of people crying about being stabbed in the back or betrayed by a "friend". They know the game, the rules, and how it is played. If you don't like it then don't play.

I like it much better with two finalist.

Michael J K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Has the third person ever received any votes since they switched to the 3 finalists? I think it is stupid. I liked it when the final person got to choose who they brought with them to Tribal. It made for better strategy, especially if you brought the wrong one like Colby.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I join Jeff Probst in liking the three person final; it creates a better chance for two strong players to face the jury. In this case both Bob and Sugar had claim to the million. Imagine the 'drama' of one of them against Suzie. In Palau it would have meant Ian, a great competitor would have challenged Tom for the money. In Panama, Terry, an awesome player would have faced the jury and based on that reunion, he would have won. In Guatemala, Danielle would have faced Raphe, a nice guy and great challenge player. In each of those cases the actual votes were either obvious or a choice between mediocre competitors. Threesomes would have made a better ending

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Err...since Susie would presumably win the same final challenge whether one of Bob or Matty wasn't there, she would take Sugar to the end and it wouldn't be a clear-cut decision the way it was with Bob. The jury would actually have to think about their decision and the final Tribal Council would have been a lot more exciting and unpredictable.

I have a ton of issues with the final three. I don't care if we have a "likable" winner (I like Bob but I'd actually rather he go down as one of the great players not to win instead of winning the game after a piss-poor final TC performance); it's just far less entertaining to watch. Besides, you can't just take the third placer for each season and assume that they'd still make the final three; they'd likely have been booted a round or two earlier--who would want to face Kathy or Rudy in the end?

But one of the really annoying things is that, unless we have a F3 of all women, it pretty much prevents a woman from ever winning again. There are way too many flaws with a system that was pretty much invented after the producers got upset to see their favorite challenge whore, Terry, lose the game.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well count me in as being late to the party....

Thought SURVIVOR was airing tonight, I check my DVR for the first
time in a few days and find two shows played on Sunday. Had no idea
the season finale was 4 days ago.

Not much to say other than this was my first time watching a finale
and I thought it was rather cool that it was done LIVE in front of an
audience. The DVR cut out a few minutes early so I never found out
if Crystal really was an Olympic champion. Also thought Sugar looked
horrible with all that makeup. That is one girl that excels with her
natural beauty.

Great show. Can't believe I missed the finale when it aired, but I am
finally caught up.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Yes, Crystal really is an Olympic champion. Athens 2004, 4x400 relay. Her reasoning was, "I trained to run fast around a flat circle, not climb hills, etc.!"

I thought Sugar looked gorgeous. She couldn't have looked more like Katherine Heigl if she tried.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gosh, Ron...

Imagine if you had missed it all together? Before there was the technology to automatically record it for you?!? :eek: That would have sucked!

:emoji_thumbsup:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I mean, what the heck was that show doing on a Sunday night?

They sure did very little to promote that fact as far as I saw.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
You wouldn't be the first fan to get caught by that.

I guess they figure Sunday night is the easiest to program three consecutive hours of a single program?!? I dunno.

But they've been doing it this way for a long time.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Also, Sunday Night programming on CBS is one of the biggest crap shoots in DVR programming, especially during the football season. Not very many NFL games end on time so the entire nightly schedule (at least here on the East Coast) gets pushed back accordingly. You have to set up to record at least the next show after the one you want to record to catch it all.

On a related matter, that's why THE AMAZING RACE is so difficult to schedule. Its 8-9pm (EST) showing is hardly ever on time. And I already have two programs scheduled to record at 9pm on Sundays so I have to rely on a different DVR to capture everything I want.

CBS is the worst offender in making it a royal pain to set up DVR programming on a consistent basis.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Thankfully on the West Coast everything starts on time. That fact and 10am Sunday morning football are two great reasons to live at here.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Yep. One of the few things I miss about living on the West Coast was no delay for Amazing Race. It is always 30m late (sometimes more). So why can't they schedule the football games for an extra 30m? If it was more random I'd understand, but I have to set the DVR to record for a full two hours to watch TAR.

Re: Survivor - in the spring, during Basketball season, watch out for the move to Wednesday night for a week or two...

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

No kidding. I missed the final 30 min. of the reunion show because the football game ran long and I had to watch it online the next day. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks