What's new

Survivor: Gabon - Season 17 (1 Viewer)

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
I don't think betraying Randy was so foolish for Bob. Circumstances have forced him to play day-to-day. The jury's feelings are the least of his worries because he is in danger of being voted out each tribal by the dominant Fang bunch. If he could ingratiate himself with Sugar (who is easily swayed) it may buy him one free pass on the next tribal. If I were Bob I'd tell Sugar "I did you a favor; I don't want you to vote out one of your own, just vote out Corinne before me." Bob is in the same uneviable position as Yau-Man another of my favorites a few seasons back. Bright, decent physically, not intimidating, generally well-liked. Like Yau-Man he now has to gamble on deals with the enemy to buy himself time. (In the end, it didn't save Yau from elimination)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
These people are schemers, should be a very interesting run to the end. This season started slow, but has really grown on me. Loving it! Also, loved the new domino style challenge, never seen it before in survivor.

dfergie

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
Bob did what he had to do in order to survive last night's episode and probably is doing the same next week from the preview... have to check out Jeff's Blog... I was thinking of the Movie The Sting the last 20 minutes... :D

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Unless there was some verrry creative editing, I can't see how Bob knows about a map to another HII considering he called his fake one his only hope. Survivor retcon anyone?

I loved the exchange of looks between Corinne and Randy right before the HII was tossed into the fire. Did they not notice everyone else was cracking up? I mean, Sugar was practically rolling on the floor.

Bob has become so unkempt (aside from the bowtie) that looked like a homeless guy at times. He also looks like Mr. Peepers grandad.

For all the telegraphing and obviousness, the tribal council was still high comedy. I also loved when Crystal was yelling so loudly during the "private" voting commentary that they could hear it in the back row. She really despised Randy and from the little hints and trickles here and there, I can't blame her. He went from curmudgeonly to distateful very quickly, presumably due to some judicious editing in the beginning to make a bit more palatable.

And yes, Corinne and Randy are of like vicious mind and could not conceive that Sugar actually found the idol due to her "stupidity". I wonder what they will have to say after Sugar outlasts both of them?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Totally agree. That was the best episode of the season last night. It will be a little less entertaining now that Randy's gone, but it's painfully obvious why he had to go. Can you imagine that guy doing your wedding video? :laugh:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I was actually thinking that it's too bad that not ALL the remaining survivors had to set up the dominoes and navigate the trip wires. It would have been fun watching some of the others' different styles in that challenge. For some reason I was especially thinking of Bob & Crystal.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Holy shit! This was some of the most priceless television I
have ever watched....

...and you have to understand the sceptic that I am in thinking that
this went down so brilliantly that I can't help but think one of the
cameramen whispered to Sugar, "Ask Bob to give the Idol to Randy."

I mean, the chances of what went down exactly as they did are
staggering --- but okay, I'll buy it.

My insides were churning with anticipation the moment Bob offered
that Idol to Randy. I was chuckling as Crystal YELLED her vote in
front of the rest of the tribe with something along the lines of "You
have to go home!" I savored the comment that Sugar made calling
Randy an old alcoholic bigot who should grow up or face dying alone.

...and then the moment when Randy stood up and handed over the
fake idol. The hysterics in the faces of those who knew what was
going down...My God! I was in hysterics as well.

And you know what? As much as I have been rooting for Crystal to
go these last couple weeks, I can't argue the fact that Randy has been
one mean SOB this entire game and that more than anyone to date, he
deserves to go. It took me a while to get into that camp, but boy was
it fun watching him leave it.

This is a show for the books, folks!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

He may have burned a jury vote but he gained favor with Sugar, Crystal, and Susie (and probably Ken and Matty) so if anything he probably bought himself at least one more round, after Corinne. And the sole remaining outsider of an alliance is not always a terrible position to be in.

Re: the preview, I could be wrong but I don't think Marcus actually did that (how would he do it without anyone else seeing?), but I think Bob is telling that story to Corinne as justification as to why he gave Randy a fake idol; that he didn't know it was fake and that Marcus had created it.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein

I don't think Sugar has so much "stepped up her game" as the editing has changed, and our perceptions of her have changed. Looking back, I think she had the "dumb blond" ploy as a major plan since day one, and before.

I think she is playing a brilliant game, and suspect that she is much, much brighter than the way she has been edited.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I could see Randy turning this into a completely new career - Hollyweird loves a whacko - think guys like Johnny Fairplay and Danny Bonaduce

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
One thing I missed:

Sugar found the idol
Sugar gave Ace the idol
Ace left the game
Ace had his bag with him when he left the game.

Are we to assume that he gave it back to her at some point? I really would have liked to see that.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Yep. She whispered to him before TC that she took the idol back. He didn't seem suspicious of this at all. He just nodded and said "ok".

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I find the Ponderosa videos on cbs.com/survivor to be a fascinating look behind the scenes. Have they ever showed the "jury house" before?

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Kenny's reaction when Crystal yelled her vote out had me laughing hard. He was so surprised, LOL.

Brilliant episode. Hilarious.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
Best tribal council yet. I keep rewatching it from the moment Randy learns it is a fake till the end of it. So freakin hilarious! Crystals little speech is priceless as are the reactions of those who hear her.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I'll miss Randy, but the way he left was priceless.

Too bad Jeff threw the fake idol in the fire- they should have saved that for the charity auction.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Jeff has always thrown the fake HII into the fire since it was first done in China. When they threw it into the fire in FvsF, Ozzy giggled, "Hey, I worked hard on that!" -- I think he wanted it back. So, even though Bob's was meticulously crafted, its fate was to end up engulfed in flames.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks