What's new

Survivor: Cook Islands (1 Viewer)

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
First, let me say that I'm white so, I'm about to make fun of myself.

I thought it was funny that 3 of the tribes pretty quickly (at least by the way the show was edited) started to build there sheltters but the white tribe was shown drinking and flirtering. Just thought it was funny, screw the shelter, let's try to get laid!

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
As a white person, I must confess that the caucasian team was by far the most vacuous and dim of the bunch. No Tom or Terry alpha dogs in this bunch!

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
The show is not rigged in any way. There have been such accusations in the past, and they've all been bunk. They don't need to rig anything: They can make the show whatever they want it to be through their masterful editing.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor

This has probably been the only thing that has ever happened on Survivor that just made me sick to my stomach. They edit the show to make him look like the greatest guy in the world. Then ask the public to pick their favorite person to give money to even though they didn't win it in the spirit of Survivor. I took this as a slap in the face being a season 1 survivor fan.

Christopher Cheadle

Stunt Coordinator

Not Cook Islands related, but my family and I were on a flight from Washington-Dulles to Hartford, CT this past Thursday with Terry from Exile Island. I didn't approach him as I generally try not to bother celebrities, even minor ones, unless it is a situation where it is acceptable (conventions, etc.). He seemed very friendly and even when a couple of people approached him on the plane, he was very polite. Of course, if I had approached him, I had all sorts of questions about Shane and what it was like to live with that guy. :)

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
FYI - CBS is allowing Survivor and many other shows On Demand for free this year. :D So if you miss one Thursday, just watch it for free on Friday. I hope all tv follows this trend

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
I also believe he would have lasted longer on the HeavyMetal tribe. Next years division of tribes should be Matal, Opera, New Age, Soul, Jazz and Acapella for exile Island.
Best
Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi gang! I'm new to these threads which follow running shows, so I'm not sure this has been discussed before (either this season or last), but does anyone else not like it when they divide the survivors into four tribes? I think it really limits the amount of time we can spend getting to know the individuals. It makes it harder to assimilate who's who. Coverage is way too scattered.

When you start right off with two distinct tribes it really seems to make it a lot easier to follow how relationships are shaping up and understanding the characters that are making up each tribe's identity.

My family have been huge Survivor fans since the Outback and caught up on Season 1 via DVD.

I can just picture the New Age contestants sitting around and meditating in a rock garden ala Bruce. :D

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Actually, I think they focus on everyone more--they have to spend some time on each tribe, and the less people in the tribe, the more they're able to focus on each person--take Palau for instance, everytime Koror got airtime, it was all Tom, Ian, and Coby. Then it would go back to Ulong and focus on James, Steph, and Bobby Jon.

Great episode tonight.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm just glad the gals didn't fall for Billy's BS, and Billy probably hurt himself with that whole "Billy + Candace = 4Ever" revelation at tribal council.

Yul Rules.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Man, Billy took the short bus to the Cook Islands, didn't he? I was telling my wife that Billy appeared to be emotionally and developmentally around 10 or 12 years old and I doubted that he was really in a band at all -- he's delusional and just thinks he's a heavy metal musician. My wife thought he was merely socially retarded, which he definitely is. After the jaw-dropping "love at first sight" thing at TC, my wife gave me my props and agreed that he has some sort of arrested development. He's got "still lives with Mom" written all over him.

You have to check out the actual exchange with Candace again (it happens right after the IC). What seemed to be innocuous small talk is, in context, totally hilarious -- that stalkerish smile when he says, "I love you" is crazy funny.

Speaking of arrested emotional development, looking at Flicka nauseates me. She's a gross mess of a person, just trying all sorts of ways to stand out in the worst way possible. The way they kept blurring her lower back made me think she had an obscene tatoo, because unless she has a really high ass crack, it just didn't look like there was enough showing to warrant the blurring. But apparently, she doesn't even have a lower back tatoo -- it's just an over-zealous censor at CBS. This from the network that brought you the Victoria's Secret runway show.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I will begin by saying that I think you should never try to lose a challenge. I just don't understand why you would do that anytime during the game. It seems like a better idea to keep Billy around and just know he is the first to go when you do lose.

Now on to Billy. WTF was that! My reward is that I fell in love. Another classic Survivor moment.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Probst's reaction to Billy's declaration of love was great, he had that "you've got to be shitting me" look in response to what Billy said.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks