What's new

Survivor: Cook Islands (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Are they only doing the tryouts in CA now? If so that's probably why so many people from there.

If they got a more geographically diverse group, what about making tribes based on region, like Northeast or Southwest?

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

To some extent, the 10 viewer-winners on the finale of Treasure Hunters fit your criteria for choosing contestants.

I don't see CBS saying yes to 4 months of a group like that.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

yes, I thought Matt^Brown's quote mirrored a Name That Tune contestant boasting about his skills. :)

I'm pretty sure they merged the OLD/YOUNG/MAN/WOMAN tribes right at the beginning of the second episode, and I assume this year's stunt will last only as long as the first episode as well.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

I don't see how it's any more offensive than their standard segregation.

They usually put 'one of each' on each team: One Superman, One Supermodel, One weird old lady.

Don't you think that the persons who realizes they've been cast as the 'weird old lady' is offended by being stereoptyped that way for the initial episode?

The important thing is that in episode two, the human beings playing the game get to pick their own teams, and they will not resemble the promo-based initial configuration.

MishaLauenstein

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Misha Lauenstein

Hey, that's a great idea:
Atheists, Christians, Muslims and Jews, all ORTHODOX.

Should make the food challenges a little more interesting!

Hmm. 28 days? Will some of the males conspire to vote out all the females to avoid being placed in an awkward situation at a certain time of the month?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Don't you think that the persons who realizes they've been cast as the 'weird old lady' is offended by being stereoptyped that way for the initial episode?

They probably don't see themselves as weird, so it's not an issue.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
This is another fine example of how Political Correctness blows everything way out of proportion. :rolleyes

Marianne

Supporting Actor
GM has decided not to sponsor Survivor: Cook Islands. Apparently they made the decision months ago and it is not connected to this season's format!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The method seems odd. I'll be interested in seeing how they do it. I'm positive it's no big whoop. But...people are going to complain even if they've never watched the show.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Buff Colors/Tribe names

African-American/Manihiki/Yellow
Asian-American/Puka Puka/Green
Hispanic/Aitutaki/Red
White/Raratonga/Blue

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
This thread needs a bump. Tonight is the season premier and I honestly don't think I have seen one commercial advertising it. I must admit that I don't watch a lot of broadcast tv but I am surprised by the lack of promotion this has got. Heck we don't even have a thread picking our sole survivor for this season.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
They've been pushing it during Rock star: Supernova. Personally, I'm excited there's another season of the show starting today. It's a fun thing to watch recorded Friday afternoons when I get off from work on the weekends. I hope there's some interesting people and not just the pretty ones.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Why would other non-CBS networks promote a CBS show? I've seen plenty of commercials for tonight's Survivor premiere (and I tend to skip commercials when possible during time-shifting of the summer shows on CBS).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks