Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Patrick Sun said:
Sigh, so many weasels gonna make it to the end... :D

I dunno.

I think it's pretty obvious at this point who has the best chance of winning.

I'll get back to that in a moment.

I went into this week's episode jaded after accidentally reading my email subscription to this thread. I already knew who was going to be voted out.

That didn't stop me from enjoying this week's installment. Loved the fact that Jeremy found a second idol. He is absolutely secured into the final four.

In fact, Jeremy has been my pick early on to win this. I still think he's going to be the million-dollar winner. I'm happy. I like him. He's not a weasel.

In fact, the show's producers have been spotlighting Jeremy and his tears for his wife, family, and how he wants to make things better for them.

Joe is doing remarkably well with winning the immunity challenges. Here is a person that really deserves to win this game, but most likely, will be picked-off ASAP because of the perception of him being a threat.

Have no problem seeing the "strong" survivors taking the weak links (weasels) to the end. It just makes it easier for them to win.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Read no further if you haven't seen the episode.

You gotta love it when a contestant is hoisted on their own petard. In this case, Fish, if you had simply voted Joe, Joe, instead of splitting your vote, you live on. And despite how much he was in the edit through both episodes, I have to say, I still didn't think he was going home. Another blindside within the game and for viewers, as well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
He could've voted Abi, Abi, too.

I'm still wondering what he thought he'd accomplished by splitting his own votes.

I thought a vote of Joe, Joe from Fishback wouldn't meant a tie between he & Joe.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I agree this is one of the best seasons ever. Been enjoying it immensely.

Didn't realize this week was going to be a 2-hour shindig. When I sat down to watch my Tivo recording this morning, I knew I was in for the long-haul.

Could care less that Ciera went home. Though, sad to see that Jeremy wasted one of his idols just to see Fish live one more day.

I am a bit disturbed that Fish went home. Really, the focus should have been on Joe, particularly for the fact that he is the strongest player and a threat to everyone.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Fish having the "mystery/voting advantage" power put a bigger target on his back than Joe's immunity challenge prowess.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Ronald Epstein said:
I am a bit disturbed that Fish went home. Really, the focus should have been on Joe, particularly for the fact that he is the strongest player and a threat to everyone.

What they all know is that there will be more challanges that someone will beat Joe in.

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I can honestly say that, with the exception of Abi (and maybe not), I would have no problem with any of the remaining players winning. In different ways, they've all earned it. Very rare to be able to say that.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
This is why returning players almost always makes for great TV. I get that you need new players as well, but too many recent seasons were popluated by pretty people recruited from trendy L.A. night spots because they look good in less clothing, and then they get out there and have no clue what they are doing.

Seasons like this only happen when you have people who know the game and want to win. How great will it be to hopefully have a final tribal with some combination of Joe, Jeremy, Spencer, Wentworth, where all of them played well enough to take home a million bucks?

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Yes, it has been a good season. You really have no idea who is going to stay or go - it continually fluctuates.

I have to say I was surprised people did not vote Joe out when they had the chance as it is the first challenge he has lost and only by a few seconds.

Didn't get the vote splitting either. If you are concerned you might be going home it is best to put all your votes against one person. If he had gone with Abi the two of them would have been tied with 4 each. But who knows what goes through people's heads when they are out there.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I totally gummed up my math involving Fishback's votes in my post above. Nevertheless, splitting those two votes still doesn't make much sense to me.

Here's what EW's Dalton Ross wrote on the subject:

You could see the absolute delight on Stephen’s face as he went up to cast his two votes. He looked like a kid that had just scored every available golden ticket to Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory, complete with an option to bypass that freaky acid-trip tunnel of doom. “And with Joe’s vote, Joe will be voting for…Joe,” said Stephen while holding up his parchment. “This has been 29 days coming, so I just want to take a second and marinate in it.”

He was so proud. He was so happy. But a second is all he would have to enjoy it, because Stephen made the fatal flaw of trusting the wrong person, and that person was Spencer. Fishbach told his fellow nerdy strategic doppelganger about his advantage, but the advantage didn’t matter because Stephen’s side decided to split the vote between Joe and Abi — a perfect example of why splitting the vote is not always the right call, as I explained a few weeks back. Had they not split, Joe would have received 5 votes (including his own, via the steal) and he would be gone and Stephen would be celebrating as if it were New Year’s Eve, Mardi Gras, and Gastrointestinal Awareness Day all rolled into one.

But Stephen trusted Spencer and paid the price. After all the votes came in, Fishbach practically cheered his own ouster, going a bit overboard in his congratulations to the others — kinda like those nominees you see on the Academy Awards split screen that just lost the Oscar yet clap a little too vigorously for the person who just beat them. However, Stephen leaving awkwardly is really the only way for him to leave, so it was completely in keeping with the rest of the season.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
It's funny... when Fish started talking about his advantage I speculated on how amusing it would be if his advantage backfired and it wound up giving him the most votes. Then we sat in shock as he split the two votes.... and voted himself out.

The only logical use of that advantage I could see is if he knew the votes were split a certain way and he wanted to make sure a person went home, or forced a tie.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Paul D G said:
The only logical use of that advantage I could see is if he knew the votes were split a certain way and he wanted to make sure a person went home, or forced a tie.

I think that's exactly what he "knew!" :laugh:

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Yeah, at this point, with who's left you ought to just stick with the deserving players and let the chips fall where they may. Spencer may have sealed his and Jeremy's and Keith's fate by playing the other way. But you gotta love how Keith, who totally deserves to be there and has been a fierce competitor in the challenges, still doesn't really have a clue what everyone else is doing and votes completely and obliviously on his own.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Mike Frezon said:
Yeah. I was trying to figure out what was going on with Keith's vote for Tasha.

Apparently, his cluelessness rivals Woo's.
I suspect that he promised Joe that he would not vote against him, and wanted to keep his promise. If so, it is a smart move for later.

And remember he beat Joe in a straight up endurance competition. He might be the toughest one left. Unless Jeremy is sand-baggin'

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks