What's new

Survivor - Blood vs. Water Season 27 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sam Posten said:
Rupert has actually lost a tremendous amount of weight, he's not as big as he used to be.
I'm not sure where that's coming from Sam...but if it's at my WWE crack, I was more referring to his voice and blustery demeaner. Almost a Macho Man Randy Savage vibe.

"Oh yeah!"

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I do not wish to spoil the first ten minutes of this episode so:
OMG! What an ass! No one buys your crap so you quit?! And he faked his illness last time?! The producers must have found that out after he signed on to return because the policy is No Quitters Return.

As for the rest of the episode... while the Returning Players vs Loved Ones initially sounded like a stupid concept it's creating an interesting twist in gameplay logic. Tho I'm not sure the Loved Ones are making good decisions.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No worries about spoilers, Paul. The rule of thumb is that anyone reading an HTF thread about an on-going show reads about events at their own risk. If you are behind an episode or two, stay away until you are caught up or you run the risk of having events spoiled.

So...I am thrilled about the turn of events.

Mike Frezon said:
D'ya suppose there's any chance Colton and Rupert can get each other out of the game...like by the next episode?

Or sooner? :biggrin:
Mike Frezon said:
One down...one to go! :thumbsup:
I had heard the suspicions about the way Colton left One World. His response to Jeff when openly accused about quitting was revealing. No righteous indignation. Outside of repeating something about being treated for a bacterial infection, he had nothing.

You would hope they would be learning from all these bad decisions about bringing back sketchy contestants in the hope of pulling down big ratings. (That would also include anyone with the last name of Hantz.)

Now, the "loved ones" voting off John instead of Ciera was just stupid. :biggrin:

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I cannot be happier that Rupert and Colton are gone. That should really improve my viewing experience. :)

Family members are stupid only because they haven't figured out that Brad is manipulating them. He's convinced them three times to vote out Marissa, Rachel and John based on what will happen after the merge when they are reunited with their loved ones and can form a new alliance. How can anyone fall for this logic? Every single one of them has a loved one on the other tribe and there's no difference whatsoever as to whom should be voted out on that basis. The family members are so gullible that they even voted out John because "Candice is winning too many challenges and might get back into the game and then she and John can unite." Seriously?!?!? If that happened, and it's very unlikely as Ozzy showed, Candice and John would be on the same footing as everyone else. Maybe they'll wise up since Jeff called them out for weakening their tribe with all of their votes. It also seems like Brad's only mistake is wearing too big of a target and annoying too many people, but at the moment I don't see anyone making a move against him, though the fact that they contemplated it was encouraging. With Colton gone, should the returning members lose a challenge, maybe they take out Monica?

Hunger Games spoiler:
With John and Candice both on Redemption Island, what if they both continue to win? Do the producers pull a Hunger Games and change the rules on the fly to allow them both to get back into the game?

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Are you kidding me CBS? This Colton nut was so unpopular the first time with long time viewers, that they thought it wise to bring him back? And the amount of attention he received in his brief stint on this season was ridiculous. Who is editing this show anymore? And why would they bring anyone back if they purposefully quit the first time?

Watched every season, but I have to say, the idea of having jerks as "villains" is not appealing, productive or interesting, CBS.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Jeff: "Colton shouldn't have gotten off the couch." Then why invite him back? There's an old saying that starts "Fool me once....."

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Colton should never have been invited back. If he gets any time at all on the reunion show I'll be pissed.

In fact I think I'm done with the whole returning player aspect altogether. How about a season with all first timers, CBS?

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Greg Kettell said:
In fact I think I'm done with the whole returning player aspect altogether. How about a season with all first timers, CBS?
They had an all new cast recently, within the last three seasons I think. I'm sure someone with a better memory than I can tell you which season and we can revisit that thread. By my memory, the HTF thread for the first 6-8 episodes was full of comments like:
I'm just not into this season. I don't know any of the players.
This cast is boring.
These people don't know how to play the game.
The season turned out great by the end, because as always, the core rules of the game make for a great show. It just takes a while for the contestants to find their strategies, build their alliances, and deal with the merge. It also takes a while for the audience to get to know the cast. Eventually, the core concept of the game makes for good television.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Thanks Greg, that was the one. Complaints about the cast early on, calls for bringing back some vets, and a good finish.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Greg Kettell said:
Colton should never have been invited back. If he gets any time at all on the reunion show I'll be pissed.

Totally agree with you. I missed the episode due to a DVR error but am so glad to hear Colton is gone.

My #1 most annoying player, even worse than anybody from the Hantz family.

I'm getting really tired of these "reality" stars that seem to have made careers out of being on these shows.

Tina is boring beyond belief, but at least she's been fairly quiet since she unfairly won her first Survivor.

But then we've got "Boston Rob" and his wife who show up everywhere. Even Jeff and Jordan from Big Brother end up on "The Amazing Race".

Quit recycling the same people back to their original show or onto others. It's boring.

I'm hoping that finally we won't see "Rupert" the character any longer, but he'll probably pop up on something else.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Had the Loved Ones tribe voted off the much weaker Ciera and Katie instead of Rachel and Marissa, they probably would have won immunity. Ciera and Katie went 0-4.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hanson said:
Had the Loved Ones tribe voted off the much weaker Ciera and Katie instead of Rachel and Marissa, they probably would have won immunity. Ciera and Katie went 0-4.
+1. That tribe has made a run of poor choices...all led by Culpepper. Too bad, I like his wife but he's coming across like an idiot bully.
Dheiner said:
Jeff: "Colton shouldn't have gotten off the couch." Then why invite him back? There's an old saying that starts "Fool me once....."
Probst is on record as saying he didn't want Colton back.

Stan: Here's Dalton Ross' Weekly Recap on this week's episode (as always, he firmly has his tongue in cheek).

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Excellent link Mike, thank you.

Amazing Colton passed the "network" standards twice, now knowing he was a total fraud and now exposed as the biggest wuss in the world.

Hopefully Tina leaves soon, then it will become more of the old-time Survivor from years ago.

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
It's been a long time since survivor Australia. Please remind me why we're saying she didn't deserve to win?I did watch that one, but skipped a few other seasons. I don't remember watching seasons with Monica, Laura, Kat, Arvis at all. I seem to remember that Gervase sucked at challenges in his season. Disappointed that he hasn't tried to improve since. Expected him to do well with the balls - he's a basketball coach. But the first week challenge he was useless.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Gervasse did much better swimming this season, already. First season, he could not float, much less swim, this year he can actually progress in the water, not well, but he moves.

As for Tina, I have no idea why Stan hates her. She played her season brilliantly. She convinced Colby to essentially hand her the win. I didn't like it at the time, but, in retrospect, it was beautiful.

I know he's gone, and I don't want to bury him, but....Ah, Bullshit, I do want to bury Colton. I just have to mention one of the funniest scenes they showed him in this year.

Colton was talking with a group of his tribemates and afterward got some camera time during which he ripped his discussion mates for "not knowing how to play this game" and said that he would "show them how it's done."

The other members of the discussion? Gervase (who only managed to be the second to last member of his tribe in the first survivor ever), Tina, and Arys (2 $1,000,000.00 winners). Yeah Colton you show them how it's done.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Dheiner said:
As for Tina, I have no idea why Stan hates her. She played her season brilliantly. She convinced Colby to essentially hand her the win. I didn't like it at the time, but, in retrospect, it was beautiful.
I don't hate Tina, just didn't care for the way she won. This was many years ago, but I vaguely remember it with her screwing over Colby right at the end, He could have won but somehow gave in and gave her the win.

I also recall her not even giving him any credit for her win, which she never would have gotten without him. Just didn't seem very polite or respectful at the time.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Colby might have won if he took the cook (Keith) to the finals, but his momma complex kicked in, and he took Tina to the final, to his detriment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks