What's new

Survivor: All Stars - 8/31 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Mike Skupin (the S2 contestant that fell into the fire) told me that he did commentary on the chicken episode and the fire episode for the DVD set.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Outback commentators are:

Jeff Probst
Alicia
Colby
Kimmi
Mike
Rodger
Tina

Also, at Survivor Sucks, someone reported that Paramount says Vanuatu (May?) and possibly another season (in addition to Outback) will be released this year.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It's apparently going to be available before spring. But the last email I got was over a week ago, so I don't know how much progress has been made.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, I know where the Vanuatu information came from and I looked into it. I don't think we'll see the season released in May. It was on an old schedule that's been changed since then. It wouldn't make sense for Paramount/CBS to release two seasons a month apart.

Gord

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks Gord, does that mean Vanuatu is next but just not scheduled, or the next season has yet to be determined?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Aw, that's a shame. Hopefully they'll release it sometime this summer then--even though there isn't a new season for it to promote, it would still sell well, and a lot of Paramount titles are getting multiple releases this year.

A follow-up to Daniel's question, have any plans been revealed as to what might be following the Vanuatu set (if it is the next one) and a timeframe for Vanuatu and the set after that?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Someone told me that Sarge's son posts on thefishbowl.com and mentioned that Vanuatu is coming out on DVD this spring. :emoji_thumbsup:

But then Eliza said that she still hasn't been told about it. :thumbsdown:

Of course, it might just mean that Eliza isn't doing commentary on it, which would be a shame, as she's one of my favorites--or Sarge's son is misinformed.

Any news on this, Gord?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
We keep hearing this about a May release for Vanuatu, but A) Paramount's shown a lot of thier May slate, and while it could still be announced, it hasn't been so far, and B) that's just a month after the April release of Outback.

If Outback had released on it's original date in February, then May might be plausible for Vanuatu. But since Outback was delayed Feb -> April, we expect Vanuatu no earlier than July/August timeframe. Maybe even later than that.

Sarge's son and anyone else talking about May/Spring is basing it most likely on an original timeframe that has now been delayed.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Oh well. Thanks for the explanation. I know that Paramount is releasing multiple seasons of a lot of their shows, so I just thought it might be possible for it soon--maybe not a month after Outback, but not too long after.

Do you know if it's definitely coming though, or was it just speculation?

Alex-A

Stunt Coordinator
The release schedule with Survivor seasons is a little odd. If they are doing Vanuatu shortly after Outback, does it mean that they will release sets from both ends, and eventually meet in the middle of the series? That seems to be the general theme they're going for by having released All-Stars so soon after airing, and now the rumored release of Vanuatu.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Latest news on Vanuatu:
According to one contestant, it won't be out before 2006.

However, there's apparently another season scheduled for release in September or October--hopefully Africa.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Rumor at the Survivor Sucks forum is that at least one more season is planned for this year, originally it was Vanuatu like mentioned above, but right now the next season to be released is up in the air. I'm hoping for Africa next, although they could sneak in Palau like they did with All-Stars last year.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The webmaster of dvdauthority.com has posted info on Outback on Sucks

Commentaries on 6 episodes:
201 - Colby and Jeff Probst
202 - Keith, Rodger, Tina and Amber
205 & 206 - Kimmi, Mike and Alicia
211 - Keith, Rodger, Tina and Amber
213 - Colby and Jeff Probst

Recap episode and Back from the Outback special are both included.

SPECIAL FEATURES
Surviving the Australian Outback
The Luxury Items
Dining: Survivor Style
Keith Famie's Paella
Paella Recipe

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
He also just posted some menu shots here, looks good!

Now if we can only find out what's coming next and when, I hope this doesn't turn into a long wait the first couple Simpsons seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks