What's new

Survivor: All Stars - 8/31 (1 Viewer)

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I think the new footage from the recap may be sprinkled across the set, like the mock tribal council from the first episode. Still, it would have been nice to have the recap too, which would really make it The Complete Season.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Finally got a response, and it's good news!

quote:Thanks for the e-mail - we've had similar comments from others. There is no way we would repress that particular disc but we are seriously discussing doing Survivor Australia more to your liking. I can't confirm that of course but it is being seriously discussed.

I wasn't expecting the SAS disc to be repressed, and I do have it on tape so I guess that's not a total loss. But I'm happy to see that it might be included on the future releases.

Also, this kind of confirms Outback.
smile.gif

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Cool, thanks Anthony, it's nice to see they got back to you with a real answer. The Outback comment is good news!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
I think they meant that they will be including the Australia recap episode on the Australia set.

Gord

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Since All Stars had the America's Tribal Council, Back from the Outback has a good chance of showing up.

The question is whether the Africa set will include the episode that aired a week before the premiere that introduced the cast...

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Gord, I'm guessing this is probably a no since it didn't show up in your new item, but just curious if Paramount mentioned any more plans for Survivor after Outback, maybe Africa or Vanuatu?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Well, obviously that can't be every TV show DVD release Paramount is planning to release next year. But if you could, Gord, would you mind asking at the convention what plans they have after Outback?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Good news about Outback commentary...I'm glad to see Probst is back, although I really hope it's not just him and Colby doing commentary.

I can't imagine Tina not being included after she did a great job on the All Star set.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Why the delay? S10 is scheduled to start 2/24. It would have been perfect promotion to release Outback right before it starts, not right before the fourth episode.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

According to an article on zap2it.com a homemaker reality show will take Survivor's time slot for ten weeks starting in early January...so I guess you're right.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Davisdvd.com reported that the set will be 3 discs. David or Gord, could you verify this? I really hope not because the only way that works is a set of double-sided discs. I know Paramount's doing a few of these, but those are first season sets, and for consistency reasons (plus the fact that I HATE double-sided discs with a passion), I'd like for Outback (and all future releases) to be single-sided like SAS and Borneo.

Also, according to the guy who runs dvdauthority.com the set has been pushed back to April. :angry:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
As the TVShowsonDVD article confirmed, the Outback set is going to have the recap episode...and there is a very good possibility that the SAS recap will be available...I'll have more details towards the end of the month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks