What's new

Survivor: All Stars - 8/31 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

I'm interested in this too. David or Gord, do you have any insider info that you could share with us?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Nope, I haven't heard of any more plans for Survivor, but that doesn't mean they aren't working on them.

Gord

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
In case anyone's curious, I asked Paramount a few questions about Survivor on DVD.

They said that the first set has sold well, and that the reason for the All Star delay was for production reasons. (That could mean just about anything though.) And when I asked about the rest of the seasons being released, they said there's a good chance, although there aren't any on the schedule.

As an aside, they have great customer service. :emoji_thumbsup: They got back to me in about 20 minutes.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks Anthony, hopefully All-Stars will have good slaes so we can get the rest of the earlier seasons as well. The two-week delay could also be good since the release will now also coincide with the Survivor: Vanuatu premiere.

Jay X

Auditioning
On a survivor sucks message board someone who claims to work in dvd's has stated that Survivor The Australian Outback is scheduled for release on 2/22/05. Take it for what it is worth.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Even though it's a long time away, it's great news if it's true. I wonder if they're also planning a quick release to DVD for Vanuatu like they did for All-Stars?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
According to a reviewer that got an advance copy, the recap episode is not included.
furious.gif
Some footage from the episode will be there, but I really wanted the entire episode to be there. Besides, one disc only has two episodes on it, that's kind of awkward.
thumbsdown.gif

In better news, the symbolic TC for Jenna that wasn't shown on TV or on Survivor Insider will be included.

But I want my recap!!!

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Anthony, can you post a link to the review? And I agree, the recap should be there, it is part of the complete season too. :)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
There's no review yet (for some reason, he can't post it till September 6), but it was mentioned in this thread at the Survivor Sucks board.

I've sent an email to Paramount about it, said I was willing to pay shipping if they offered a repressing of whichever disc should contain it, and told them future sets should contain the recap episodes.

It's funny because I normally hated the recaps but the SAS one was actually good as a stand-alone episode. I still think all the sets should include their recaps, but my favorite one was the SAS recap.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks, I just remembered Paramount has their 10-day poreview plociy so that makes sense. This was probably the best recap so far and I'm also not a big fan of them, hopefully they didn't leave off the America's Tribal Council either but I guess we'll find out soon.

Sean Frost

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah that does suck that it doesn't include the recap episode. It's kind of unacceptable to leave out an episode even if it is just a recap. I want the complete season.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I read that Mark Burnett doesn't like the recaps, but The Apprentice includes it, so it's not right to leave it out of the SAS (or any Survivor) set.

I finally got a response to my email to Paramount. It said to contact a different address about it. I did and then got an automatic response that the person is out of their office till September 13th...
rolleyes.gif

When he responds, I'll share it with you guys.

Jay X

Auditioning
According to a few people, some stores already have the dvd's on the shelf being sold. I wonder if they still thought it was 8/31.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to bother you with this again, but any updates on the recap not being included?

Apparently Paramount said that all the footage from the recap is included as bonus footage so it would have been redundant even though not all of it's there, and most people would rather have it be redundant than not have it at all.

They don't realize how great a customer service move it would be to redo disc 3...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
That's the story I got (recap being reused footage). I pointed out that there was some new footage in there, and they got back to me and said it was "one or the other" - either new material on the DVD, or the recap, so they decided to go with the new material.

I really doubt they'll redo disc 3.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks