1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Survivor: All Stars - 8/31

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Daniel Kikin, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Well-Known Member

The last time I spoke to CBS about releasing more TAR and Survivor sets the response started with a laugh, and was followed by "We have no plans to release either of those." That was last October, and judging by the response, I wouldn't hold my breath for either one.

With that said, I'd be extremely happy if they changed their mind.

Gord

2. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Well-Known Member

Any rumblings of those being shopped around at least? [​IMG]

3. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Well-Known Member

Nope, not from what I've heard.

Gord

4. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Well-Known Member

Damn...thanks though.

I still say they only have themselves to blame if the sales were poor--everyone kept requesting the early seasons but they skipped Africa and Marquesas in favor of seasons that had just recently aired like Palau and one of the least popular seasons ever, Vanuatu. I know that sales for the first set were supposedly very good.

5. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Well-Known Member

Reality tv shows are still kind of an untapped market release wise. There are many out there(including The Real World from MTV) that would probably sell really good. Shows like Survivor that pulled in around 25 million viewers(or more) each week couldn't possibly sell poorly. If these get shopped out, I'm sure theywould be snapped up by someone, and would get steady releases. Have hope!

6. TreS

TreS Member

OMG, please shop Survivor around. If they aren't going to make them by themselves, then send it to someone who will.

Thanks for the info BTW Gord. I know it wasn't good news, but its still news. And its good to see someone with a little larger of a connection than most of us is out there letting our concerns and wishes be known! [​IMG]

7. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Good news!

Please be sure to add all comments in the new thread.