What's new

Survivor: All Stars - 8/31 (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Don't shoot the messenger; I'm just as pissed as you guys are going to be...

Looks like the next release after Vanuatu is Guatemala. :angry:

I know, I should just be happy with any release and I know there's no reason to get this angry over some DVD news, but this is completely ridiculous. The fans have been saying for years that we want the earlier seasons (especially Africa) first and they're just completely ignoring us. :angry:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
It was posted at Sucks that Stephenie is supposedly recording commentary for it soon.

The person who said it is the same person who revealed that she had done commentary on Palau (before any real announcements for it) so I'm guessing it's true. I hope not though...

If anyone wants to try emailing the Survivor PR person, PM me...I would do it myself but I don't want to wear out my welcome with her.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
That really stinks... I mean I loved Guatemala better than Vanuato....but I AM DIEING FOR AFRICA!!! Do they have something against Ethan!?! And I'd really like to get Thailand and Amazon too! :frowning:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Well, the Vanuatu extras are announced, and as expected, merely featurettes and commentaries; no deleted scenes. :rolleyes

Good news: the person at Sucks who posted that Guat was the next release confirmed that he was talking out of his ass. Bad news: that means we have no info on what and when the next set will be. :angry:

Have you heard anything, Gord or Dave?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Vanuatu commentaries:
Premiere - Eliza/Chad/Julie/Ami
Ep7 - Eliza/Chad/Julie/Twila/Ami
Ep12 - Eliza/Twila/Scout/Chris/Julie
Finale - Chris/Twila/Scout/Eliza/Jeff Probst

Keeping the hope alive that there's a Survivor/TAR release in that cornucopia of Paramount news...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anthony: Any news on bonus features outside the commentaries?

I just watched Vanuatu a few months ago from my VHS copies. But, I will probably buy the DVDs. Those could be some mighty entertaining commentaries. That's an interesting assortment of characters there! :D

I think it's amazing, BTW, that they're not shooting Survivor in HD.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, like Palau, the only other extras are interview featurettes:
*Fire, Fire Everywhere
*On Shaky Ground
*Solitary Man
*A Taste of Home

And ITA that I wish they could shoot in HD--I don't actually own a HDTV, but a relative does and I watched The Office on it once--wow! The wildlife shots would look superb.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks for the features.

They CAN shoot in HD. They just don't. Don't know why. Even though articles constantly claim viewership is dropping, Survivor remains consistently listed among the top programs each week and is a huge moneymaker for CBS and Mark Burnett. Spend some money, dudes.

TreS

Auditioning
Real Name
Tre Svatek
Well here is some information about HDSurvivor...

* CBS may be closer to producing adventure/reality shows, such as Survivor, in high-def due to the advent of less expensive HDTV cameras. Until recently, he said, reality show producers were reluctant to bring high-priced HD cameras in the wild.

It can be seen on this link at the bottom...

http://www.tvpredictions.com/cbshd113006.htm

So, any news about anything past Vanuatu. With the release this Tuesday, I had hoped something new would have popped up by now :frowning:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Thanks, Tre! :emoji_thumbsup:

Wonder how many cameras are used during a typical Survivor shoot/season? Wonder if they occasionally lose some due to conditions: wind/rain/camera guys running through the jungle to keep up with contestants and tripping over tree roots/etc.? :D

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I haven't started watching it yet, but apparently the Vanuatu set cuts out the "Next time on Survivor..." previews after every episode except the second. :thumbsdown:

It's not enough to discourage me from buying it, but it's a shame that on top of the mediocre bonus features, it's slightly cut too. Doesn't really make sense to me; although I doubt it very much I would love replacement discs.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Dumb. Shortsighted. Unnecessary. Pointless.

The chapter skip button was created for those people that don't want to watch those previews.

TreS

Auditioning
Real Name
Tre Svatek
Soooo, any new news on another release? I sure hope this isnt where they stop making them! I still want all the old and new seasons, and I know Cook Islands just ended, but that season was so amazing, and honestly, I think my favorite after Australia, maybe tied with Amazon.

Anywho, any news? I am dying to know!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My household is just finishing up the Vanuatu discs in anticipation of the new broadcasts of Fiji Islands.

We also would love to have another release soon.

TreS

Auditioning
Real Name
Tre Svatek
So anyone with anything? Im still looking for more releases, and nothing, not a peep from anywhere. I also was at BestBuy the other day, and none of the sets were on the shelves anymore. That doesnt make this look good.

I am really hoping that they didnt end it there. With the effort they put into those discs, there is no way they are expensive to make, and if they can sell episodes of the man show, they can definatly sell seasons of Survivor.

Anyone know how to get into contact with Paramount? I went to their website, and there was nothing, no way to contact them. I'm looking for anyway to get in contact them and tell them that we are still interested in more seasons of Survivor, especially the earlier ones like Africa and Marquesas. I love them all, but the newer seasons I just watched, I want the old ones more!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'd be pissed off if they opted to release Vanuatu and never issued Africa, Marquesas, Thailand, Amazon, or Panama...but it looks like there's hope:

Someone posted this on Survivor Sucks:

I gave them a call myself, and while the person I spoke to wasn't quite as knowledgable, he did tell me "call back in a few weeks and I'll probably have some news." He also promised to forward my suggestions of Africa, Marquesas, and Amazing Race 2 over to the people in charge of the sets (making sure to note that these were only my particular favorites and that I wanted both series released in their entirety). :)

Give 'em a call if you can and mention how much you want Survivor and Amazing Race DVDs to continue...and mention those three specific seasons so maybe they'll get their act together and concentrate on those.

(888) CBS-7999

TreS

Auditioning
Real Name
Tre Svatek
OMG, I totally will! :D Your awesome :D

I was goona go look over at sucks, but last week I mistaped Survivor, so I didn't want to get spoiled on who went. I have to wait till tomorrow to get back on my comp (on spring break) to watch it online.

Anywho, thanks a ton, I will definatly be calling them and letting it be known that I want Survivor Africa released (as well as more Amazing Race and Big Brother ;) :D )

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Someone posted this at Sucks but I'm taking it with an extreme grain of salt:

Can Gord or Dave confirm this?

TreS

Auditioning
Real Name
Tre Svatek
I am really hoping this is true. I am DYING for a new release, and I am scared that they wont be releasing them.

I even went as far as downloading the Africa Season, but I can't bring myself to watch it because I want it on DVD that badly. Any season will do though. I hope this is true...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks