What's new

Survey: Tumult, where is yours? (1 Viewer)

DavidFun

Agent
I was holding my breath a couple of months ago. I passed out and had a beautiful dream about a monster subwoofer. But when I woke up, no subwoofer. It was very disappointing.

I learned my lesson, no more holding breath.

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Geez Dan, touchy aren't we. With all the B.S. that has happened with your tumult, you can not be surprised with the response you are getting. Adire has great products, and upto the time of the whole tumult pre-order , adire c/s was second to none. But, you guys completely dropped the ball on this one, and I believe it is about time you acknowledge it. For months people have been waiting for shipments with nothing coming. We would get a notice or an update and then three to four weeks later nothing. For someone so professional, and I am not being sarcastic, I can not believe how the whole situation was handled. Even people at you facility were not on the same page. Different people would call or email and everyone would get a different story. It just left me scratching my head, that the same person who I enjoyed meeting at CES, was giving this kind of service. As far as my future dealing with adire, I just don't know. I love the Adire products, but I feel Adire the company has let me down. I really find myself giving second thought when recommending adire when it used to be second nature, but who knows what the future will hold. Am I bitter or angry, no, just disappointed. I sincerely hope that you Dan, really take a step back and look at all that has been said in the many threads/posts involving the tumult pre-order. Especially this thread http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=133460 .
If you do, I think there are many lessons that can be learned and applied to make Adire a better company.

Now, with that said, I just received another email notification. But, this time, it says driver is in transit and it sheduled to be delivered 5/29. I can now only hope that the driver lives upto the Adire high standards that I have grown accustomed to.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Dave,

Interesting. UPS now has a 68lb package in their hands making it's way to me. What has me puzzled is it is shipping from Washington and the build house is in Nevada. I guess they're not shipping them from the build house as previously stated. I guess at this point should shut up and be happy that my Tumult is on its way here.

I plan on using this driver, but like Dave I can't say with any certainty that I'll be doing business with Adire in the future. I don't have any other experience with Adire other than the whole Tumult ordeal :thumbsdown: and I sure can't say that my dealing with Adire thus so far has been good.

Seth

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
Once upon a time someone wanted a subwoofer shootout between a B4+ and the "Everest"...there was a flame war...I guess the B4 has won by default!;)

A

Anthony_Gomez

[tongue and cheek]
Only someone rooting for the B4+ would weasel [cough]chicken[/cough] out of this at such an opportunity
[/tongue and cheek]

DavidFun

Agent
I am still waiting to hear a response from Dan that would make me even consider doing business with him again. Every response I have read has had under tones of "quit whining." He has also never returned an email to me on the subject.

I might be able to understand that from other posters who already have their tumults, or even people just superficially following things in the forum. But from someone who is trying to earn our business, Not Smart. I am in sales, and I have never had a transaction that I have been this frustrated, from the sales or the customer side.

The fact that I am still pissed enough to be talking about it when my Tumult is only a few days away has to say something about the level of dissatisfaction I feel from this process.

Anyway, Happy Memorial Day everybody. I guess the best solution was posed by some wise man a long time ago in a galaxy far far away "Don't sweat the small stuff," or was it "feel the force," or was it "Luke, I am your faatherr, larr lo la la lo la" or was it "You can get a good look at a butchers ass if you stick you head up there......" I'm so confused.

Chris Popovich

Stunt Coordinator
Got mine about a week ago. It's sitting in my living room intimidating my dual-shiva sub, and all magnetic-strip equipped cards within about a 5 mile radius.

I want to try to get the enclosure done this week, if not, then early next week.

It's been a long wait, but I'm happy with the product.

Chris

DavidFun

Agent
Did everybody get their Tumult. Mine looks like it will arrive on Monday. But I leave the day before for two weeks. What a _itch.

David

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Mine is scheduled for Monday. I won't be here though. The UPS driver will just leave it on the porch. At 68lbs I don't think it's going anywhere.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
Seth,

I'll swing by and pick it up and make sure it's safe for ya
till you get back.. Mind if I feed it 1KW with a 16Hz Sine
and warm up the surround for ya? :D

A

Anthony_Gomez

No worries. I already had it diverted to my place. My brother works at UPS ...so he took care of it for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks