What's new

Survey: Tumult, where is yours? (1 Viewer)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Where is/are your Tumult/Tumults?

I'm curious as to how many people have 'em, what they're using 'em for, and how many people are still waiting.

Mine is MIA.

Brad Dixon

Stunt Coordinator
Sitting in a closet(in original box/crate even) since December. Planning on the 1000w plate amp from Kyle in a 85l sealed box at first.
I'm one of the few who got one in the first shipment and have been waiting on this amp to become available.

Brad

Dean Mar

Stunt Coordinator
Mine is in 2.5 cu ft sealed with the HS500 amp since mid-March when I received it. Unfortunately, I have not had a lot of time to use it. I will be moving in a couple of months (going through a divorce) so I have not bothered to spend much time with setup and calibration. So far it has added more satisfaction to movies than music. But I am sure a location change and or crossover adjustment would help it blend with music.

Don't want to give a review until I can be sure that I have spent appropriate time graphing a response and tweaking the setup.

By the way, I get the Tumult along with the rest of my HT in the divorce. :D

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
MIA of course:frowning:

Hey Tony, funny how Dan had time to post in the 18" thread but not respsond to your email. Maybe your emailed wound up in the same place place our tumults did. :D

A

Anthony_Gomez

hmmm...I have a 15" hole and 2x18" holes in a box...wonder if I put a tempest and 2 maelstroms in that :D

wow...that would be weird:)

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I just wanted to let all you MIA Tumult guys know that for
some odd reason.. I am not sure what happened here but UPS
flubbed all the shipping labels up.. They all showed up at
my door this past week. I currently have 6 seperate tumults
that belong to forum members..

SethL

Anthony G

Brian OK

and a few others.. If you want me to ship them out to you
ASAP that'll be $550.00 each and I will make sure they get
to you....:D

A

Anthony_Gomez

Hey Brett, if you ever start seeing stars...that is just the NdYAG laser I have aiming at you burning away your retna with IR.:D

DanWiggins

Second Unit
OK, so what do you guys want me to do? I'm shipping out drivers as quickly as they come in. On each day we've said we would ship, we shipped some. Not all, but we're doing it as quick as we can. What more do you want? If you're pissed, let me or Kyle know and we'll refund your money.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

A

Anthony_Gomez

Dan, I dont at all want a refund and I don't think most of us do. I think we just want to know what is going on more than anything (asside from having the drivers in hand:D).

As has been stated before, we don't mind as much a 1 month wait (example) if we know that we are waiting 1 month. What we don't seem to like (which IMO has caused 99% of the "uproars") is getting told one thing and having another happen....over and over again.

21days ago, you said that "the last of them have been built, and will ship to [Adire on the 2nd]. We should have your drivers coming to you sometime next week". This is the most recent "misfortune" which has me perplexed.

I know I am low on the totem not being part of the pre-order group, but I think my perspective still holds some validity.

If you don't plan on shipping all the drivers out at once for some unknown reason (this is the ONLY explaination I can think of...since they have all been built 3 weeks ago), then how about this. Just say: "we are shipping about X drivers a week and we have Y drivers that still need to be shipped. I for one would be satisfied with this (I know others would be too if it held up reasonably true).

Hopefully what I said encompasses everyones feelings on the situation (so we don't have to have one after another post this same thing).

Although 1 person has already expressed giving up entirely with anything adire related, I am not in that boat. I just will never get a "pre-order" item from adire again:frowning: Their in stock items I will continue to recommend:)

DavidFun

Agent
Dan,

I am pissed, but I want the driver more. When I ordered this driver, it was not on preorder. I was told it would ship in a couple weeks. I have been told it will ship within the next few days since late February. We have also been told drivers have been built up, and will ship by end of the week at least 3 times in the last month and a half.

I would have thought that because of these delays, whether they are your fault of not, you would have done something to make up for it. Your 2 or 3 explanations in the forum of whats going on, and how issues will be resolved very soon, are not cutting it. They would have "cut it" if there actually was a resolution, and it wasn't months later that I still have a 120 lb furniture quality subwooferless box specifically designed and meticulously crafted for your super driver. I can't just dump something else in.

I would have thought you would have been more diligent about keeping us apprised of the situation. I also would have thought you would have offered some sort of compensation to try to keep future business. I bet most of the drivers you sell are from repeat business. You have done nothing to earn my continued support.

David

Seth_L

Screenwriter
OK, so what do you guys want me to do? I'm shipping out drivers as quickly as they come in. On each day we've said we would ship, we shipped some. Not all, but we're doing it as quick as we can. What more do you want? If you're pissed, let me or Kyle know and we'll refund your money.
How about the truth? If all the drivers were built up on the 2nd and shipped out the next week, we'd all have them by now.

You told us in the last update that the VC maker had a new tooling which fixed all the problems and you anticipated all the problems were behind you.

So, what's the latest problem/Why haven't they all shipped?

How many drivers are still on order?

What's the current run rate? (How many Tumults are you getting from Destijl per time period).

How many have you actually shipped out each of times you've shipped them "all" out?

Is this a build house issue (no drivers to ship), or a "we don't want to piss of the UPS guy, so we're only shipping 5 each day." issue?

How about a daily update of how many ship each day and how many are left?

How about some sort of compensation to those us who've been out our money for over 6 months?

Seth

SteveLindsay

Auditioning

Information. Updates. There has been a demand for quite some time. For a long time Seth L. was the only one "pissed". I watched his posts waiting for some type of response because I didn't want to appear as the bitchy customer. Seth, I apologize for not seconding you concerns as I was right there with you, but not interested in publicly saying so.

Recently, there have been more people posting similar issues. Just about everyone of them have posted, "we know you're experiencing delays and we understand, but let us know what is going on". Dan, I have done business with Adire because of your character, knowledge, and engineering. I know it is frustrating for all involved to deal with the delay of your products but, from my perspective, you have a huge problem with manufacturing through Destijl. Pretending like these problems don't exist, makes me feel like a customer who doesn't exist. If I wanted that, I could purchase from a different manufacturer who more than likely actually had product in stock.

As an owner of a Shiva, (2)Tempests, HE10.1 pair, Brahma 12, and Brahma 15 I can say that I've experienced ZERO problems with the Eminence built drivers. My experience with the Destijl drivers have been different. While acoustically nice, the Brahma 12 had very noticeable mechanical noises and had to be jury-rigged to be listenable. The Brahma 15 was shipped to me with glue missing on half of the spider/basket joint, a dustcap that wasn't glued properly and "fraaaaaped" while playing, and a poor solder on one of the tinsel leads. These problems were all discovered before mounting the driver in its enclosure. I was doing QC that should of been done at the factory. Should I wait another X months and hopes Destijl does the same on the Tumult I ordered?

I do believe that Adire has shipped out some drivers. It has been implied that there is a huge demand for them. But to date, I haven't seen more than 5 or 6 reviews. And out of those 5 or 6, at least two people have broken drivers. That isn't a very good ratio. As far as the failures go I suppose one could say that "they are so clean that you don't know you are damaging them until it is too late". That sounds to me like "the car is so smooth you wont know there is a problem until your tires disintegrate". Either situation you're pretty much screwed. Build in a "clacker" or stop marketing/blaming the DIY crowd.

As someone who is fortunate enough to still have a "good" job in this enconomy I have a long commute. I actually have more in car listening time than I do with my home rig. Recently, I have replaced my jury-rigged Adire B12 with an ED E12a and I'm very pleased with both the driver and the company.

Ben at ED has had very similar problems. And here are the steps to fix those problems that Elemental Designs has made public;

1.Raw driver parts were seriously delayed, and drivers had shoddy QC when they were shipped. Returns were out of hand. He dumped Destijl.

2.Products were delayed, an offer of refund or upgrade product was offered. When product is in stock it is available at pre-order price for 30 days.

3.At the top of ED's "official" forum there is a sticky post that is updated once a week with backorder, new product, and current shipping information.

4.Every driver goes through a 5 point QC test by ED before shipping labels are applied. I know for a fact this wasn't done with the 2 different Brahmas I purchased.

While the first two may be a stretch I don't think the third is too much to ask of Adire. Between Dan, Dave, and Chris who have all at one time or another posted on the forums I think someone could publicly post a paragraph about outstanding orders and update it bimonthly. I don't know what to say about #4 except out of the two drivers purchased 7 months apart both had unacceptable assembly. Ignoring the problem is ignoring the customer.

For those who are interested, I am converting my Tumult enclosure into a manifold for PE 15" IB drivers. I am choosing not to cancel my Tumult order, so I can resell a factory sealed driver to someone at basically a preorder price.

DavidFun

Agent
HOLY SH**

I received an UPS shipping email for my tumult!:)

Oh wait, it's the infamous ups has received information electronically, but does not actually have anything:frowning:

I won't get my hopes up. Maybe if everyone on the forum will pray for me. I'm pretty sure at this point it will take an act of God:D :) :frowning: :angry:

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Yeah I got one of those over two months ago David. The ones I got today says the same thing as the one from two months ago. "Billing Information Recieved"

Don't hold your breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks