1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Surrounds high no wall next to ceiling

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Shane Morales, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Well-Known Member

Due to the layout of my room I'm going to have to put my surrounds high up on the wall almost up against the ceiling. That's not a problem, is it?

The only other option is to put them on the rear wall, which will place them only about 5 or 6 feet further back than where I'm thinking of putting them anyway.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Mike Mundt

Mike Mundt Well-Known Member

dolby suggests 2-3 feet above your head and slightly behind but not in back of listening position. as much those rules can be broken i dont. give it a try, if it sounds bad you know you have a problem, sorry i coudln't be anymore help

3. Shane Morales

Shane Morales Well-Known Member

After fiddling about with placement for a while and not really getting anywhere I threw up my hands in disgust and decided to exchange the surrounds for floorstanders. Now I can just put them wherever.

The surrounds just weren't fitting where I wanted them to go. Anyway, good excuse to get better speakers [​IMG]