What's new

Supertramp (1 Viewer)

KyleK

Second Unit
What is thier best album? I heard Bloody Well Right on the radio and really liked it. Any suggestions?

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Kyle,
Two critical albums to own are Breakfast In America and Crime Of The Century.
------------------
The Dark Tower
jamaris1.jpg

Fearless Vampire Killers (1967)?

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I'm not a die-hard fan of Supertramp, and I found there was too much filler on Breakfast in America. I ended up getting the import copy of The Very Best of Supertramp. Has all the good stuff, no junk.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Breakfast in America is a must-have album, in my opinion. A better CD to get a good representation of Supertramp's repertoire is Classic Volume 9, which has all the hits from Breakfast and many others.
By the way, in just looking at the cover of Breakfast in America, I noticed that with the diner motif that was used to create the New York City skyline, they used stacked boxes to represent the World Trade Center.
frown.gif
It's amazing how we will not notice such things for a long time to come.
Greg, I just checked CDNOW, and there are many good Supertramp imports out there. They have some nice import greatest hits CDs that have been remastered. They also have a remastered version of Breakfast in America. For some reason, that is one classic album that has not been remastered in the US. Back about six months ago, I bought a sealed Mobile Fidelity gold CD for $65. It was expensive, but sounds great.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime
[Edited last by KeithH on September 16, 2001 at 07:59 AM]

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The best two are undoubtedly Breakfast in America and Crime of the Century. With respect to Greg, BIA is *not* full of filler, and is a superb album from beginning to end. Also worth considering is Famous Last Words, which was released after at least one of the original band had left, but has some very good stuff on it.
The remaining albums have their moments, but do contain a lot of filler. The exception is Paris, which is a live album (recorded in Paris, hence, duh, the title) of their greatest hits. There was also a recent live album 'It was the best of times' which is supposed to be very well recorded. I've not heard it - can anyone else help here?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks