What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Quickly approaching the debut of the fifth (and possibly final?) season of Supernatural. Season premiere is on Thursday, Sept 10. Lucifer is rising and Paris Hilton will be guest starring (on or about Ep 5). Not sure which is scarier.

Fingers crossed that this will not be the final season of SN. I'm still not sure I'm liking how far they've strayed from the original premise of the series, but it's still a darn good show. Creator Eric Kripke says this season will end the 5-year arc he'd envisioned for the series and, as far as he's concerned it's over. Not sure if that's the truth, or if he just wants a nice raise to keep going.

The CW is likely to be interested in continuing beyond this season, as SN remains one of the highest rated series on the network, performing well in the highly competitive Thursday night slot, and seems to be gaining buzz with each passing season. They've even shuffled Smallville off to the Friday night graveyard in order to pair SN with the new Vampire Diaries on the lucrative Thursday night schedule. So it's likely they may be willing to pony up a few more bucks to keep the show, but whether it's enough to keep Kripke, Padalecki, and Ackles on board remains to be seen.

It would certainly help if the ratings continue to rise (as they did in Season 4 over Season 3). Perhaps the current fascination with brooding teenage vampires will make lead-in Vampire Diaries a hit and bring even more eyeballs to SN.

Titles of the first few eps. I don't think they're that descriptive, but spoilerized just in case:
  1. Sympathy for the Devil
  2. Good God, Y'All
  3. Free to Be You and Me
  4. The End
  5. Fallen Idols

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm conflicted about them going on after this year. I'd love to see Sam and Dean's adventures continue on but I also like the idea of ending their long term story and going out and leaving the fans wanting more. My guess is that they intend to end the season with the guys riding off into the sunset so a potential sixth season can pick up where they leave off or have that be the ending for the series.

And like you, I think The Vampire Diaries will be a great lead-in for Supernatural. From what I've heard of that show (a weekly series about a high school girl that has to choose between two pretty vampires sounds like a Twilight fan's dream come true), it'll be the biggest show on The CW.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I look forward to Thursday to see how good Vampire Diaries really is. I will watch Supernatural regardless of my take on Vampire Diaries.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Yep. I think they were hinting that the Creator Himself pulled Dean and Sam out to save them and brought Castiel back. So seems the "angels" are NOT following God's plan after all. Interesting.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by cajunhillbilly

Yep. I think they were hinting that the Creator Himself pulled Dean and Sam out to save them and brought Castiel back. So seems the "angels" are NOT following God's plan after all. Interesting.
I agree. It seemed pretty clear from the final eps last season that God had disappeared from Heaven (on sabbatical, or whatever), and the angels had their own agenda. Apparently God is back, He's pissed, and He's using Castiel to clean house. Though He's apparently not angry enough to smite the rogue angels out of existence completely, or stop the rise of Lucifer.

Enjoyed the episode overall, especially the self-referential nod from Meg that "the generic demon thing was getting pretty played out." I agree, which is why I keep saying how I miss the original premise of the series. Hopefully we'll get some good stand-alone eps this season between all the mythology mumbo-jumbo.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't that the fan girl not Meg who made the comment about being tired of the demon storylines?? I loved how she kept touching Sam.

Originally Posted by Malcolm R

I agree. It seemed pretty clear from the final eps last season that God had disappeared from Heaven (on sabbatical, or whatever), and the angels had their own agenda. Apparently God is back, He's pissed, and He's using Castiel to clean house. Though He's apparently not angry enough to smite the rogue angels out of existence completely, or stop the rise of Lucifer.

Enjoyed the episode overall, especially the self-referential nod from Meg that "the generic demon thing was getting pretty played out." I agree, which is why I keep saying how I miss the original premise of the series. Hopefully we'll get some good stand-alone eps this season between all the mythology mumbo-jumbo.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by todd s

There was quite a lot of comedy in this ep, considering it dealt with the onset of the apocalypse.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Great start. The fanfic writer was hilarious and Dean's - 'Angel Condom' was a real coffee spitter! LOL

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Sad to see Sam and Dean parting ways, but they need time apart so Sam can work through his issue. Look forward to when they finally get back together.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have to rewatch an older episode. But, didn't the mother/daughter hunters die when their bar was destroyed??

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by todd s

I have to rewatch an older episode. But, didn't the mother/daughter hunters die when their bar was destroyed??
It was kind of implied, but the only body of the family actually seen in the rubble was the son/brother.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Malcolm R

It was kind of implied, but the only body of the family actually seen in the rubble was the son/brother.
Thats what I thought also. Just was waiting for the "I thought you were dead?" line.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The Winchester boys are off to a rousing start, although things are looking a bit bleak to say the least.

As much as i'm enjoying this apocalypse stuff i'm actually sort of hoping that we get back to classic Supernatural with them fighting the monster of the week.

Episode 2 was epic! It felt like Dawn of the Dead only with demons instead of zombies lol.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
The shot of the car on the end of the bridge framed by the twisted railings looked like a scene out of the "Evil Dead" movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks