What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
I enjoyed seeing the scared Dean, but what really made the episode was the post-episode Dean/"Eye of the Tiger" skit. One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time. Almost worth the price of the dvd just for that.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That was pretty classic. It really kind of shocks me that Ackles doesn't seem to be working some decent film work into his schedule. Maybe Dean Winchester is just the perfect role for him or he doesn't want to work particularly hard during the off-season, but he's really too good to "just" star on a fifth-network action hour.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Frightened Dean was a laugh riot! :laugh:

"You sayin' i'm a dick?"

"If i'm a dick your a dick." :laugh:

I lost it when an episode of Gumby was too much for him. :laugh: Also when he was running for his life from that cute lil' Terrier reminded me of an exchange from Seinfeld...

Elain,
'There was a dog downstairs and he scared me."

Jerry,
"Was it a white dog?"

Elain,
"Yeah."

Jerry,
"Snowball? Your afraid of Snowball?"

Kramer,
"Little Snowball? He runs on batteries."

And yes, his little ending musical number with 'Eye of the Tiger' was something that i'll never forget, mostly because if I had been drinking something I would have shot it out through my nostrils. :laugh:

Hearing the guy laugh through it made it all the funnier.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Funniest thing I have seen on tv in years....

For those who haven't seen it...Enjoy.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I loved Sam's retort: "Apparently, I'm not." *smirk*

This was such a great episode with a lot of great moments.

I especially loved when the episode came full circle and as Dean is walking you hear little dog footsteps approaching out of frame.
:laugh:

I wonder how many takes they had to do of Dean's scream at the cat in the locker? Even in the take they used, they were fighting to keep straight faces.

That little girl that plays Lilith is great. Innocent sweetness that can turn immediately to the darkest evil, played perfectly.

And Sam with yellow eyes has to be one of the most evil looking things I've ever seen. :eek:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is the demon hierarcy sorted by eye color?

Most of the general, everyday demons have black eyes. But the demon (Azazel) tormenting the Winchesters had yellow eyes, and Lilith has white eyes. Significance?

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Don't forget the cross roads demon had red eyes.

Anyone catch the remark by Cas that he and Uriel were sent to follow Dean's orders? I think I figured out Sam's future role a short while back, but now Dean's destiny is becoming a little clearer.

By the way, according to lore, Uriel is one of the archangels. He's on par with Michael, Gabriel and Raphael among others. He also has authority over the forces of the natural world like storms and fire. He's known for his furious hatred of demons and is pretty much the most aggresive angel among his peers, making him a close match in combat to Michael, lord of the archangels.

By the way, Uriel was just introduced in the latest book (# 10 ) of The Dresden Files - Small Favor, though he doesn't exhibit the above characteristics that have been ascribed to him. If you're a fan of Supernatural, you owe it to yourself to read all books of The Dresden Files. Each one just keeps getting better than the last.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Wow, Uriel is a bad-ass.

Hey, isn't there a "Dresden Files" show on Sci-Fi? Is that the same as the books you're referring to?

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Was, past tense. They should have made each book into a "made for TV movie" or miniseries rather than trying to compress whole books into single episodes. They would have run out of material pretty quick. Maybe they thought they could bring other writers to write stories in the "Dresden" world but I doubt that it would have worked well.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if destroying the town was a test for Dean. He passed because he stood up to the Angels and saved the town.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
RE: Dresden
I remember it being one of the Friday night shows that got moved to the deep dark night, like Charlie Jade. (I think)

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

It got moved to Sunday nights. I think it could have been successful if a couple of tweaks had been applied.

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Trust me guys, the Dresden Files tv show failed miserably as an adaptation to the books. I realize that it can be difficult to write a tv show from a series of books, but the scripts really divirged too far from the novels. For one, the girl who played the girlfriend Susan Rodriguez in one episode looked exactly like Murphy looks in the books. Small, blonde and cute. And Valerie Cruz, who played Murphy, looks exactly like Dresden's tragic love interest Susan Rodriguez is supposed to look. Taller, hispanic and a darkly sensual beauty. The Bianca character was totally out of character, and Ancient Mai isn't supposed to be so prominent. They got Morgan almost right though. Aside from the actor being a different race, he's pretty much a dick in the tv show and through most of the written series. Bob the spirit is very different, but the actor made him pretty believable.

I'm sorry, I think I've sorta sent this thread in a different direction. But when they introduced Uriel, it just made me think immediately about the Dresden Files and the similarities that are starting to crop up. For one, just think of Sam and his demonically powered abilities. Then think of the "guest" Harry carried around in his head for several years. An avatar of a fallen angel named Lasciel who gave him access to hellfire, which he has used with devastating effect, especially when he get really pissed. You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if the script writers of Supernatural are also fans of the Dresden Files. Especially considering that Harry's mother's maiden name is LeFay and the "Prince of Darkness" had a real intense interest in her. I'm actually drawing even more connections as I sit here thinking about this.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully the above post ends the "Dresden Files" talk in the Supernatural thread. :D

todd s

Senior HTF Member
For all fans in the NYC area. The Jet game will preempt both Smallville and Supernatural Thursday night. The episodes will both air on Saturday starting at 6pm.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
No comment on the large talking Teddy bear lol? That was both the most hilarious and bizarre thing i've ever seen. :laugh:

"A tea party!? Is that all there is!?!?"

:laugh:

And did you ever think you'd live to see a Teddy bear commit suicide with a shotgun? I didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks