What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 4 thread (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Almost time for more Supernatural adventures! Season Four premiere on the CW Thursday, Sept 18, at 9pm.

Get your fix earlier:

New DVD: Season 3 released 9/2/08

New Book: Supernatural: Bone Key (Book #3) by Keith Decandido (who also wrote Book #2, Witch Canyon), released 8/26/08

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yep, S4 begins tonight. Based on the synopsis I've seen, it may be a bit of a snoozer, but hopefully it sets up an exciting rest of the season.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have said since season 1. If their are demons. Their has to be angels. I also have always wondered why (if their were angels) why haven't they gotten any help. But, you know it can't be what it seems....But, it would be cool if he is who he says he is.

On a side note. This show gets the hottest women. ;)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was an interesting turn of events. I wonder if Sam can see his "true form". Even though it could really be an angel sending Dean on a mission from God, that type of situation still has loads of complications. Also, Dean might not exactly agree with objectives and methods.

Did anyone catch the name the angel was used and see if it has any mythological meanings?

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Note that the angel's name, Castiel, ends in -el. Look at the names of some of the archangels: Michael, Gabriel, Raphael and Uriel. Many people don't know this, but God is sometimes referred to as EL in ancient hebrew. It's a verb that means "is" or "I am". In point of fact God, or EL, is the only deity from that region who has a name that is a verb (EL, Elohim), not only nouns (He is also called Adonai, Yahweh and Jehovah), and refers to several revelations about being "The Beginning and The End", "The Alpha and The Omega", and "I Am The Great I AM". Paraphrasing some here. Also note that the creators of Superman, Siegel and Shuster, were two American jews who gave their alien hero, who became mankind's savior, the family name of El. So the end of his name, -el, does carry great meaning with it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It's funny but something in my gut was telling me that perhaps this guy who walked in and Dean open fired at might be a force for good rather than evil.

But as mentioned time will tell if he is who he says he is but I truly think he is. How Dean could not believe in angels baffles me a little, like was said above if there are demons and forces of darkness than there has to be angels and a force of light.

There's no such thing as a one sided coin...

And yes, the females of Supernatural are amazing, I liked the psychic chick who got her peepers fried. As for the new Ruby, the new girl is hot but she's no Katie Cassidy.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

No mention yet of Dean's line last night?...

"What the hell is that?"

"An IPOD."

"I told you to take care of her not douch her up."

:laugh:

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
Yeah it's really great to see the angels finally taking direct action in the war. And Castiel walked right through all the symbols, holy water didn't faze him and the demon killing knife had no effect. I can only assume he's the real deal. One could argue that all those things only affect demons who were once human, and that a true fallen angel wouldn't be affected by them. But I really want to believe that God's team is finally making their play. I just hope it's not because Sam is starting to use his psi powers and is about to become addicted and cross over to the "dark side". I really hope it's not about to be a Cain/Abel thing with brother ending up against brother. But I guess that would only serve to create more interest in the show. I know I'll still be watching!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Looks like the Supernatural premiere pulled its best numbers ever for the show since it moved to the CW network in 2006. The total viewers (4 million) was up 33% over last season's finale, and it was up double-digits in most of the advertiser-valued demo groups. :emoji_thumbsup: Way to go, Winchesters!

The only caveat is that the competition (CSI, Grey's Anat) was still in reruns. But at least it's more eyeballs sampling the show.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm no authority but it seems like every time I've heard about TV ratings this season, it's always been about a show's drop in ratings or dissapointing premieres (be it a lack of interest, iTunes, DVRs or whatever) so I'm even more impressed that the show was up that much.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Thinking about the premier again. I really hope this guy is an angel (& a good guy). I think the easy way out is that he is just a bad guy in disguise.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Even if he is a good guy or not, it could be a "do the ends justify the means" situation which the Winchesters might oppose. Or they might not agree upon the goal, either. Just because he is an "angel" doesn't mean they will agree with him.

Neil

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Don't forget, new episode tonight. Title:
Are You There, God? It's Me, Dean Winchester

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
You are obviously a far less cynical person than Dean Winchester.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

And even if he does believe in them, he'd probably really rather not have to deal with one. I seem to recall that by and large, angels don't show up until it's time for the final, nothing-left-standing, Four-Horsemen, end-of-the-world final battle - and what sane person wants any part of that?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Pretty creepy episode. Looks like we got a battle between Angels and Demons beginning.

Even all dirty...Meg looked good. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks