What's new

SUPERNATURAL - Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
It was clever the way Bobby put the Rosery beads (or whatever they were, obviously something of religious significance) into the water supply and turned the sprinklers into a wall of holy water.

That was cool.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
TV Guide reports the loss of a major cast member due to "budgetary issues":

EDIT: It's not Sam or Dean. ;)

the show’s creator Eric Kripke tells TV Guide it’s bye bye to sexy demon Ruby (Katie Cassidy)
Apparently the budget is the same as last season, but by shooting in Canada the weak exchange rate doesn't buy as much as it used to.

Cast changes aside, I'm still concerned that the show is drifting away from its initial premise that appealed to me in the first place: exploring various urban myths and legendary creatures. It seems like we're just chasing generic "demons" week after week now.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I worry about that; it seems like an almost inevitable result of trying to build up a mythology and continuing storylines, which genre fans all too often seem to clamor for more of. I do think they've been pretty good about regrouping and getting back to the nasty folklore and urban legends whenever the serial stuff gets out of hand.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

QFT! I enjoy some of the overall story arc. But, get back to what made the show fun...The monster myth of the week. Don't fall into the X-Files dilemma.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The spoiler kind of compells people to click in order to see if it's Sam or Dean taking a leave. I think it's fair to say in the open that it's neither one of them.

As to who it is:

She's pretty smokin', so I hope she lands on a show I want to watch. Also, I suppose this probably puts to bed rumors of Jo returning as a regular after the failure of Cane . . . unless they're making room for her by cutting Katie.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor

That's been bugging me as well. I just recently re-watched season 1 & 2 with my wife and it's very clear how much the show has changed. I'm hoping the end of season 3 will be resolved in a relatively short amount of time and they get back to the good old days. It's bad enough the classic rock has all but disappeared. I can accept that it's probably too much money. But there's no excuse for it to just be a different demon week after week. I also wish they'd stop trying to force recurring characters on us (other than Bobby! :laugh: ) Jo and Ellen were boring. Bella and Ruby were OK. But why not go back to the season 1 format where it's just the boys?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks