What's new

Supernatural Season 2 (1 Viewer)

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
My DVD timing is off by about a week. Even though I saw the series last year and loved it, I think I'll have some will power and leave tonight's episode on my Tivo until I finish the DVDs. At least that's the plan. :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
RIP John.:frowning:

Solid season opener. :emoji_thumbsup: I'm just really upset about John, didn't see that coming, but when he made the deal, I knew that something bad was going to happen. :frowning:

About the reaper, so much for the image of death as an ominous cloaked spectre with a synth(sp)...death was hot. :)

Dean's line "Dude, I totally Swazed that mother." was my favorite of the night. :laugh:

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
as some of our west coast friends haven't seen it, I'll use spoiler-speak

I am surprised that John died considering Jeffrey Dean Morgan's rising fame. You'd think after how many Grey's Anatomy fans mourned his death on that show that they would keep him around on Supernatural for awhile. To be honest tho, it was going to be either John or Dean, and the show needs Dean a hell of a lot more (because Jensen is one of the two leads) and of course, John can always come back as a ghost or in flashbacks on the show.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That line was great. I knew what the deal was as soon as John went into the boiler room, and I knew the demon wouldn't go for just the Colt. Why, when you can eliminate one of the Winchesters? And, yes, Death was very cute.

You know what? Started noticing it in the last two episodes last season, but Jensen has become a really good actor. He definitely sells the drama and the family stuff. He went for the Clark Kent role on Smallville, and it's not so nuts anymore. I'm glad it all worked out like it did, though.

Oh, yeah. The new SUPERNATURAL reveal was pretty cool.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I think death looked better as a brunette. :)

This show just keeps getting better, it started off strong out of the gate to begin with but its now found its voice and is going strong. I love this show.

I liked that "Dr. Kripke" got paged at one point in the episode.

"I just Swayzed that mother!" was a great line.

I agree Greg, Jensen is a good actor, I remember actually seeing him a few times on Days of Our Lives and then seeing his run on Smallville, he's really a good actor and he does indeed work well off from Jared. They actually seem to like each other and act like brothers (listening to the commentary on the Season 1 disc).

I can't wait to see next week's episode (even though I didn't see a preview, I try to avoid them with this show). I have a feeling the rest of the season will be about finding the "Devil" and trying to bring their dad back.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Another great episode. Loved the Swayze line. Since Dean is such a horn-dog. I was waiting for him to put the moves on the hot reaper chick...even after he figured she was the reaper. ;)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The channel I have to watch them on never shows the previews for next week. I'm still deciding whether that's a blessing (because I go into each week's episode blind) or a curse (because I have to wait a full week to see what's going to happen next). ;)

todd s

Senior HTF Member

Always irks me when I hear an actor complain about being on a show. Especially, a show that is popular. I remember seeing an interview with Frakes during his time on Trek:TNG. He was asked whether he wanted to stay with the show. He said he will keep doing it as long as he is wanted. And added "Where in Hollywood are you virtually guaranteed a job?"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Why can't all actors be like Bruce Campbell, ya know? Just embrace every single role that you get and be thankful that your still an employable actor.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan was on 2 hit shows this past year and he died on both of them, that can't sit well with him as his luck as an actor will, and perhaps HAS, run out if he's not careful.

AlexSchwarz

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't started with my Supernatural DVDs yet (and since I live in Europe, Supernatural was never broadcasted on TV here), so I have a general question: I have read many times that this show is often quite scary and pretty well-done....but does this also apply to the "story-arcic episodes", like the season premiere or the season 1 finale? Are those just good episodes or do they have scary moments, as well?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Definitely scary moments. You may want to be wearing an adult diaper for the finale episode. :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Goofy question time, but has anyone/is anyone planning to watch In My Time a second time? I've been reluctant to delete it from my DVR for some reason and will probably watch it again tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks