What's new

Supernatural ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Another enjoyable episode. I don't know if I should say the episode had some cute women or not . . . were they college or high school? :laugh: Not much rock this week, but the Rolling Stones will do. It's hard to believe that's from their latest. It sounds pretty classic.

Covering up the mirrors was cool, but they should have taken Charlie out of town if Mary was confined to the Toledo area.

Next up: the brothers take on the tall man and his army of Jawas and steel balls. Well, if they start taking script submissions. . . . ;)

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor

The way the music is intact for the DVD releases.

I'm really liking this show, I really hope they don't start to add regular characters. I always thought shows like Buffy & Angel were better when the original crew were there.

I hope they tackle Big Foot (although they already did one woodlands creature) or maybe the Mothman of Route 66. I'm sure there are plenty of Urban Legends or Myths they could do.

I think its safe to say this is a sleeper hit of the season.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed this one immensely, especially because I tried this urban legend when I was a little kid with my friends. Lucky for us, we didn't see anyone in the mirror.

Even wife who's a pretty tough cookie was grabbing my arm when "Bloody Mary" appeared in the mirrors. :D

Not too sure about THE RING rip-off ending.

todd s

Senior HTF Member

It was more of a "Grudge" rip-off. But, I don't mind because they are both taken from stories of vengeful spirits.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
The girl coming out of the mirror/TV on all fours and then standing up and chasing the victims? Total THE RING rip-off.

It was still creepy though so I'll give them a pass on that I guess. :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I don't understand why things like this are such a big deal. As soon as I saw it, I KNEW the Idea Police would be screaming ripoff all over the 'net today, and sure enough.... There are no more original ideas, so it's pretty difficult to see, hear, read anything these days without being reminded of something else.

As far as the idea goes, I thought it was far better executed here than in "The Ring," but I guess being first is more important than being better.

Another super creepy episode of my favorite show of the fall! I didn't dare look in a mirror the rest of the night. :eek:

Anyone with thoughts on why Mary affected Dean? Was it simple revenge for all the evil spirits he's smited, or some other more sinister secret (about his father, perhaps)?

Paul Sandhu

Supporting Actor
Another great episode.

One thing I have always wondered. The brothers do a lot of highway driving, and yet the car (does anyone know what kind it is?) is always perfectly clean. I wish I could get my car to be that clean after a day on the highway.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Knowing how anal Dean is about his car, he probably washes/waxes at every opportunity.

Then again, there's the time Sam drove it through a house and it didn't seem to do any lasting, or visible, damage. ;)

RobertW

Supporting Actor
she affected sam because he's feeling guilt about the death of his girlfriend. mary came after others who were directly responsible for killing someone else, and dean's guilt about the dreams he had before her death, and not telling her, or doing something to save her, have him convinced he is responsible for her death.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
While I don't know the doppelganger "rules", it seemed odd to me that the shapeshifter could "shed" Dean's image, see Rebecca and steal her image, then is again transformed back to Dean without crossing paths with him after shedding Rebecca.

This series just has the greatest use of music -- "In a Gadda da Vida" was perfect.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The residents of St. Louis need to become more observant. Three guys come out of a manhole, and nobody notices? I'd probably freak out a bit. And, Dean runs around waving a gun with the mildest of responses? ;)

I wasn't too thrilled when the Filter started up, but it fit the episode okay.

For some reason, I can't wait for next week's show. I've been seeing the episode title since the show started and I've been wanting to see this particular urban legend played out.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
With regards to next weeks episode...I wonder if he will have a hook on his foot? ;)

-Fans of the movie Meatballs will know what I am talking about. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks