What's new

Supernatural ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Allow me to clearify it more, when I watch a show such as this, I try to imagine myself there with the other characters, I try to put myself in that same situation, and I can do that very easily, I always could. So, using that method, if I were there with them, that creature would have scared the pants off me.

I've always found vaguely humanoid creatures to be disturbing on some level that I can't fully explain, they just creep me out.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
good show tonight

much much better than last week's episode.. Next week's looks like a keeper too.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Another solid episode, IMO.

Unfortunately, in my convoluted way of getting the WB shows (timeshifted via the local FOX affiliate), I don't get to see the full WB promos or previews of next week. Glad to hear it looks like another good one, though. :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm enjoying this series so far. I'll continue to follow it. The only comment I have right now, though, is that I am glad for the classic rock soundtrack. It's better than the modern music we usually get, and if I cared about music being placed in order to sell albums--which I really don't--it wouldn't work, since I have most of these songs already. :D

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Greg, once again, I cannot agree more about the music in this show! :emoji_thumbsup:

I HATE rap and hip-hop with a mad burning passion, and to hear music like the RATT classic 'Round and Round' in a moderen television show does this child of the 80's heart good. :)

This episode was great, that one shot of the ghost boy with his head half sticking out of the water, just staring at the sheriff raised some serious goosebumps!

Next weeks looks like a doozey, too. :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Ratt was kind of a surprise. I wore out that tape in middle school, heh. I just hope they have these songs cleared for DVD release.

Didn't see next week's promo, but I'll definitely be in the audience six days from now.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Actually, hearing RATT on the soundtrack just solidified the show as a must watch for me, and I was already hooked before that.

Any show, especially one on a teen oriented network such as the WB, that plays RATT rather than Usher or Nelly, instantly earns my respect and is clearly working outside of the box. :emoji_thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The ratings for this episode were nearly identical to last week (around 4.75 million, quite good by WB standards), so it looks like this should be picked up for the full season very soon. :emoji_thumbsup:

Now if people would just smarten up and watch "Surface" too. :D

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I missed last night because I was recording the second part of the Dylan documentary AND My Name Is Earl/The Office. I wish the WB would replay some of the hourlong shows on weekday afternoons like they used to.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
John, remember: "Zeppelin rules." :D

I only ever heard of "Surface" last night. That, and there's another one-word sci-fi show, but I can't remember the name. I've watched Supernatural and Invasion this season, and I'll continue to give Invasion a chance, but I'm not necessarily in for the long haul like I am with Supernatural. John, you called it: brothers kicking monster ass is very reminiscent of Phantasm. Wouldn't it be cool if they gave a wink to that series by having Angus Scrimm as a creepy mortician? I hope we get some arc-y storylines other than the ceiling flamer and the search for the father. I'm spoiled for arcs from Smallville, though I know others greatly prefer self-contained episodes.

I never heard of Jensen Ackles until this month, with the release of the latest Smallville DVDs, but it's kind of cool for a kid from my area to be hitting the big time. According to his IMDb bio, he was one of the leading choices for Clark Kent in Smallville. I can't really picture that one.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I think he won a couple of Daytime Emmys (or was nominated, at least) for his work in soaps. Wasn't he also in "Dark Angel" for awhile?

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

That would be very cool, I was also thinking that it would be funny if they would directly referrance those film's in one of their back and forth banters, something like...

"What are you, a wuss or something?"

"Hey, i'm not a wuss! I wasn't scared when we destroyed that really tall dude with the silver balls that turned dead people into Jawa's from Star Wars, and i'm not scared now!"

:D

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

My local WB affiliate replays Supernatural Sunday aftenoons at 5pm. You might want to check your local listings.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks, Malcolm. I'll try to catch Surface this weekend. Alternately, I could watch it the way I've been watching Supernatural (which I don't think I can mention here). :) And, Threshold was the other one I heard about.

John, I don't want to derail the thread, but I met Bill Thornbury a few years ago, and he's a real nice guy. I made a thread about it, but it was pretty much ignored. Do a search on "Jody Pearson" in Movies. WOW! It was three years ago yesterday! Anyway, he mainly does music now, but I wonder if he could be persuaded to make an appearance on Supernatural.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Jensen Ackles was "Eric Brady" many years ago on Days of Our Lives. I thought he showed a lot of potential back then and I'm glad to see that he's still getting some exposure.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Really enjoying this show. Probably my favorite new show of the season, although Prison Break may give it a run for its money (only seen the first two eps of that one so far).

The plot wasn't very original this week but it was very well executed. Hell, the episode the episode was worth it just for that shot that John mentioned. Great to see another X-Files alum, Kim Manners, behind the camera too.

I do hope that the show focuses a bit more on the arc in the near future though a fair amount of standalones at the beginning of a series are certainly to be expected.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I hope in a late season episode somoene dissapears in water and one of them says "Ok anyone who killed someone when they were a kid please raise your hand now" "Anyone"? "No?" "Well it was worth a try"

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Having Bill Thornbury appear would be great, I also wouldn't mind Reggie Bannister making an appearance sometime. :emoji_thumbsup:

Don Coscarelli could even direct the episode. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
One thing I like about this show is that--unless he's not telling the truth about his motives, which is always a possibility on a TV show--Dean at least seems to be an actual "good guy." Most series today seem to feature anti-heroes who only help people as a side effect, but on a couple of occasions when Sam has asked why they don't just leave, Dean has said they can't just leave people at the mercy of the monsters. I kind of like that attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks