What's new

Superman: Ultimate Edition - back in stock at Amazon! (1 Viewer)

John H Ross

Screenwriter
Well, after being "out of print" since its release date, Amazon.com is now listing Superman: The Ultimate Edition as "in stock".

Details here:

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Ultim...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

Is it safe to assume that this is the corrected set, with fixed copies of Superman: The Movie and Superman III? According to one reviewer Amazon is still selling dud copies but has (rather disgracefully) taken the WB warning notice down. Not good.

Thanks!

John

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Someone said in another thread that the newest Ultimate boxes have the fixed S3 SE disc but still no correct S1 audio...

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson

I purchased this through Amazon and the first set they sent me contained the wrong S1 and S3. I called Amazon and the said they would send me a new tin. The second tin contained the correct S3 but S1 was still the wrong audio version. So I went ahead and sent it back to them and just called Warner and went through the regular exchange procedure.

I would hope that by now the ones Amazon have are completely correct.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

I'd like to think so too. But I'm not gonna take the chance until I know for sure. They HAD to change the S3 discs, the mistake was too obvious, but only geeks and anoraks (i.e. us!) would realise that S1 was wrong. I'm betting it'll be a long time before WB start filtering those discs into the UE sets. I'd like to be proven wrong.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Well if this includes the tin then that rumor is officially bs.

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
I really don't expect tins with the corrected S1 disc ever to arrive to stores.

I would like to be wrong, but my instinct tells me that, once the mistaken S3 has been replaced for the new tins, WB will let the issue die and S1 discs with the correct audio tracks will be shipped only to those who ask for it.

All of you waiting for tins with the correct S1 included maybe shouldn't wait at all, for if tins are limited the may sell out. I'd advise you to buy the new tins with the correct S3 –if you are lucky– and send the mailer to WB to get your S1.

John H Ross

Screenwriter

This wouldn't surprise me. So Warner Bros' committment to their customers isn't as great as we had been led to believe?

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
My Ultimate Edition tin (with the wrong S1 and S3) was damaged in shipping, so I sent it back and got the replacement today from Amazon... with the wrong S1 and S3 again. Here goes my call to WB.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
How can you say that when it hasn't happened? At least wait until there is a problem to complain. WB made a mistake and they've gone way beyond what probably any other company would do to correct it. It's one thing to speculate (like Roy Batty did) but you're acting like it's something that has happened.

Ben J Loews

Stunt Coordinator
I am waiting for Warners to issue new stock to retailers with the corrected audio on Superman TMP. I only want the first film, I already own the Donner Cut, and am not interested in the box set.

Once I hear its happening, ill place an order...

Dan Buckley

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
Does anyone know if this will be back on Amazon anytime soon. It's not even listed as not in stock, only available form other people who are selling it. I waited till I got some Amazon rewards to get this and when I looked for it it's not to be found on Amazon. If I knew this was a limited time thing I would've ordered it when it came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks