What's new

Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition, etc. Exchange Number and info (1 Viewer)

JimTravis

Grip
Real Name
James Anthony Travis
Hi, everyone. Newbie making his first post.

When would be a safe time to buy this set without fear of doing the whole exchange thing? Are corrected sets out in B&M stores now?

Thanks!

Adam Santangelo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Santangelo
In one of the other threads, somebody's reporting that he just bought a set with the correct Superman III disc but still with the incorrect S:TM.

So far, I don't think anybody knows how to tell with any certainty the corrected from uncorrected sets, or when fully-corrected sets will be in stores.

JimTravis

Grip
Real Name
James Anthony Travis
Well, that means I'll be passing on the Supe sets for a few months.

Way to go, Warner Bros! Way to @#$% up my DVD Christmas wish list! I hope you spend hundereds of thousands in extra dollars dealing with customer complaints as hundereds of thousands of people receive botched Superman gift sets, courtesy of your bass-ackward q/a department. What an embarassment!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Is there a way to tell Superman III from the other version? I picked up the set today and the 3rd disc had the same silkscreening art on it as the others. Is the disc physicaly different from the rest?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

The easy way to tell the difference in the 2 discs is to put it in your player. The new disc has a commentary & a featurette. Plus it has a 5.1 mix. The old version has just the movie, a trailer and the sound mix is 2.0.

Hows that Tony.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let's nip the chest-thumping in the bud. WB made a mistake and they are remedying the situation. Please, no more posts on the mistake. We know it exists, no need to keep harping on it. This thread is about fixing the problem. If you must sound off on this mistake, go here.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Called yesterday to confirm that my name/address were properly filed. It was reassuring to find out that everything was in place except the mailings are still not sent after more than 2 weeks. They indicated that they would 'try' to get them out this week or next...Whenever anyone gives me this type of response I assume the longer wait is in order, which means noone should expect to get the SASE mailings before the end of next week. Unfortunately, this also means that the corrected copies will more than likely not be in anyone's hands before January (with typical holiday postal delays)...

Joel

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the head-up, Joel. Yesterday had been 2 weeks since I called and gave them my info. I was going to call again tomorrow if the mailing materials weren't waiting for me when I got home tonight.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
My only concern is that I'll be moving in the next month and these discs are going to get lost in the mail somewhere.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I received my set yesterday and it had the incorrect discs, so I called the number today. The lady who answered asked for my name, address, phone number, where I bought the set and when. She said I will receive a prepaid return envelope in 7-10 days and that I would get the discs after I return the current ones. I asked if I needed a confirmation number and she said no. I then asked when I would get the new discs and she replied 2 weeks, maybe she misunderstood me but we'll see.

Bill Thomann

Supporting Actor
Just got off the phone & was told that the envelopes went out today. I asked the csr to look me up to make sure & she took my zip code & first name & said that I am in the system which means it went out today. She said that there was a page of instructions included. The end is near. Yippee!!!

Real Name
Anthony
The latest news I've heard is that the SUPERMAN ULTIMATE COLLECTION is now discontinued and will NOT be released again in the Tin packaging with corrected discs. It may be re-released but not in that packaging. So those of you who have it, may have something of a collector's edition on your hands.

I'm afraid I can't be so generous towards Warner Brothers as it looks increasingly like international customers will not have their discs replaced. They refuse to deal with the retailers direct and I can't see them paying international shipping costs. I know they don't want us to import R1 discs but it would be nice, then, if they didn't remove extras from our releases whilst at the same time charging up to a third more. It's not illegal to import R1, after all. If they take the money, they should address the faults for all customers. Anything else is just a rip-off.

But of course, I am glad they value their U.S customers, if no-one else.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Where have you heard that? I know they're not dealing with the retailers directly, see my post (#27) for more o that subject. I've already called the 800 number and was told that I'd definitely receive replacements even though I live in Germany.

Real Name
Anthony
This info was given by Warner Bros themselves to the guy who runs movietyme.com and posted on an a/v forum.

Also this, from another forum:

According to the recorded message for the replacement disks, you have to send your name, address and postal code either by fax to 905 458-8275 or you can send an e-mail to [email protected].

I can't vouch for the veracity of any of this info - just what I've found from trawling around.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
I also received my sase today. Does the numeric code on the top of the return envelope tell them to send it to my address?

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member

Thanks for the info Anthony.

I will sent an email to that addres and report back in this thread.

Cheers

Oscar

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks