What's new

Superman to battle Capt Archer (1 Viewer)

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
I think it was when they opened a show with a song written by Diane Warren that I knew we must be stuck in a TV viewer version of the Kobayashi Maru Scenario...

..."It's been a long road"..."Gettin from there to here"... :thumbsdown:

Basically, what that song is saying is, "It's been a long time since 'Star Trek' began in the 60s...have faith that this show is good."

Based on opening theme songs alone, Remy Zero's "Save Me" that starts "Smallville" wins the battle.

There was a special quality to the cast of Next Generation. In subsequent tries, they have been unable to duplicate the quality of that show. That show left while it was still in its prime, but its successors are mostly pale shadows.

"Smallville" has improved. For much of the first season it was a "freak of the week" show. This season has offered longer and better developed story arcs.

I don't believe for a minute that those characters are in high school, but the show is likable. The character's lives evolve...things change for the characters...

Kristin Kreuk, who plays Lana Lang, is a visually pleasing actress. ;)

It is an interesting show. I feel compelled to watch each week.

it is possible that the show will run out of gas in the next couple of seasons.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm more happy for the boost Angel should get off of Smallville. Frankly I'd cheer the tanking of Smallville
Frankly I'd cheer the tanking of Angel. How's that feel?

I don't see why Smallville has to be dragged down in a last-ditch attempt to give mouth-to-mouth to the dead-in-the-water Angel.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
The only thing I hate, is when networks feel the need to move a popular show to boost another one. It's NEVER Advertised properly in it's new slot, and the show falters. Look at MWC or the Simpsons Season 2 as an example.

That being said, if the Smallville audience finds the show in it's new slot, it'll CREAM Enterprise.

And it's a shame, too. I love the Enterprise cast, but the show has bbecome tired beyond reasoning. I've missed at least 4 Season 1 episodes, and I could really care less if I ever get the chance to see them.

I hope that the ratings will reflect this, and that Paramount will REALLY put some preasure on Beavis and Braga, err, B and B, and make them turn out some ORIGINAL ideas for a change. Not a combination of something that was suggested in TOS, seen in TNG, and rehashed on DS9.

Reflection point. How bad would ratings have to be for Enterprise to get canned, or for the current bosses to get switched?

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Smallville is going pretty strong, I don't think it'll have any problems with the move, and frankly 8ET/7CST is probably a better timeslot for such a family-friendly show. I'm actually glad for the move, because I don't currently watch anything in that 8/7 Wed timeslot, and this way I don't have to record Smallville and 24 at the same time. And I'm also hopeful that the move will give the WB's best show, Angel, a ratings boost.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Reality is, with TNG on DVD now, and DS9 being released on DVD now.. why would trekkers sit down and watched commercial'd up, bad Star Trek, when they can watch the good trek on DVD (now) or on TNN every night of the week (even with the black damn bar, it's better then Enterprise.. which makes me wish Scott Bakula could have waited for Movie of the Week versions of Quantum Leap..)

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I've been taping Smallville and watching Buffy, then watching Smallville after 24. Now with Buffy gone they shift Clark and Lana. CITY-TV in Canada shows Smallville and Enterprise. They can't show both at 8 on Wed.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
There's an article at Trek Today that says Enterpeise may be moved to Tuesday. That would be a good move, especially since another high-ratings show, The King of Queens, is moving to Wednesday's at 8 in addition to Smallville.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
There's an article at Trek Today that says Enterpeise may be moved to Tuesday. That would be a good move, especially since another high-ratings show, The King of Queens, is moving to Wednesday's at 8 in addition to Samllville.
Actually, King Of Queens will be Wednesdays at 9, after 60 Minutes II.

Tuesdays at 8pm probably makes sense for Enterprise, though, especially since even the guys at UPN can see that Smallville is on the rise while Enterprise has been declining over the past year.

Unless Fox puts NYPD 2069 there. Then, I figure things could get very bad for Enterprise very fast.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Thanks for the correction Jason on KoQ. UPN's schedule is coming out tomorrow morning so we'll have to wait for then to find out for sure. It would definitely be easier if they were on at different times.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I hope that the ratings will reflect this, and that Paramount will REALLY put some preasure on Beavis and Braga, err, B and B, and make them turn out some ORIGINAL ideas for a change. Not a combination of something that was suggested in TOS, seen in TNG, and rehashed on DS9.
Except that they're ripping off Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers) pulling a Lion King and hoping vague childhood memories will fog enough that no one will notice

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Enterprise shouldn't have to worry about NYPD 2069. It is on Fox. So even if it is good. It will be cancelled half way through the season.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Like other networks have a better track record with unusual programming (not that there's much of a sample size, since only Fox gets anywhere near stuff like that).

I think it stands a chance, anyway. Bochco's name is worth at least a look from people, and if he delivers the goods (and it's not just insane like Cop Rock), it might have the best chance of a Sci-Fi program on a major network in years.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
oooh, Enterprise at 8 and "24" (on another station) at 9? Perfect- the only 2 shows I watch - all my viewing done in one night. Sweet.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Okay, so they're putting it on against Enterprise and smallville. An ordinary person would think that timeslot is saturated with scifi, but Fox in their inifinite wisdom sees it evidence that's a good slot for scifi. Look for this to be cancelled after half a season or moved to Friday after half a season then cancelled at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks