What's new

Superman - The Movie in New Jersey! (1 Viewer)

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Hi everybody!
The new 151 minute cut of Superman - The Movie will be screening at the Cinemark 16 in Somerdale, NJ in mid-September over an entire weekend. Exact dates are not set, but I would expect 2 midnight shows and 2 matinee shows over the course of the weekend.
This will be the East Coast premiere of the film, as it has previously only played in San Antonio, TX and Detroit, MI.
Neil
------------------
"Conspiracy theorists don't live on the same flat Earth as the rest of us." -- astronomer Stephen Maran

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
great job buddy!
I am sure you will enjoy it on the big screen like I did.
JACOB

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I'll bet that there will be other showings around the U.S. After all, WB has at least 7 or 8 prints available.
------------------

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Well its been a few months since I started this thread (and it faded into obscurity) but I'm here again now with the full details of Superman - The Movie playing in New Jersey! Just go here to view all of the details for this screening.
Neil
------------------
"Conspiracy theorists don't live on the same flat Earth as the rest of us." -- astronomer Stephen Maran
[Edited last by Neil S. Bulk on September 02, 2001 at 07:35 PM]

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I flew down to LA and saw it at the Egyptian Theatre. It was full of Superman fans and they clapped and cheered throughout the movie.. from the credits to the end of the movie. They laughed at all of the funny parts and even cheered when Otis showed up on screen. It was a very amazing experience. Specially for an older title like Superman.
JACOB
------------------
The #1 Unoffcial Site Of Sarah Douglas
www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglas
Please vote for the uncut version of Conan The Destroyer on dvd
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/002724.html

Matt_Stevens

Supporting Actor
Any way to buy tickets in advance? I will have to drive down Saturday and rent a hotel for the Sunday 10 AM showing and want to have my tickets BEFORE I go and make that trip, which won't be cheap.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Any way to buy tickets in advance?
No, my theater doesn't do that, but I imagine that the movie will not be selling out (though I'd like to think it would). 4 shows of a 23 year old film in a 300 seat theater just doesn't seem to have sold out written on it. I hope it does well enough though to convince other theaters to show older films (particularly this film :) ) , and maybe even convince Warner's that a limited re-release could be good for them.
Neil
------------------

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
So how many people besides Neil and I are going? Perhaps we can all meet somewhere for food before/after?
Jeff Kleist

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Jeff,
How far is the theater from NE Philly? I live by the North East airport off Grant Ave. (right off route 1).
------------------
-Dwayne
"And vidi films I would."

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
How far is the theater from NE Philly? I live by the North East airport off Grant Ave. (right off route 1).
It's maybe 40 minutes. If you want directions from Philly to the theater, let me know.
Neil
------------------

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
DIRECTIONS TO CINEMARK MOVIES 16
LION’S HEAD PLAZA, EVESHAM ROAD
(609) 784-3429
Ben Franklin Bridge to 676 -- 676 to 295 North -- 295 North to Exit 29A (Lawnside/Berlin) -- This will put you on the White Horse Pike (also known as Route 30 East) -- Follow Route 30 East to the traffic light at Evesham Road (there will be a Walgreen’s on your right, a church across Evesham on the right and a convenience store across Evesham on the left) -- Make a left onto Evesham Road -- At the next traffic light, make a right into Lion’s Head Plaza -- Make a right at the Stop sign and follow the parking lot to the theatre
Hope this helps.
Neil
------------------

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
Thanks. I'll let you know if I can make it. I am trying to get my girlfriend to go.
------------------
-Dwayne
"And vidi films I would."

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
To distract myself from the news, I went into the theater tonight and I built our print of Superman - The Movie (it showed up early). It is the "special edition" featuring extra footage and a digital soundtrack. It looks to be in great shape, and I can't wait to see this on the big screen.
I hope that many of you are able to make it. I know must of us could use 2 1/2 hours of quality entertainment right about now.
Neil
------------------

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
hi i'm a little confused about the fri midnite time. on the web site that is linked to it says proud to present in 12 hours to go. so is this meaning that the fri mid show is tonight , thurs? or tomorrow friday at midnite?
crazy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks