What's new

Superman HD-DVD Dilema (1 Viewer)

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I finally got a chance to watch Superman Returns and I really liked it and is definitely on my HD-DVD wishlist. However, I am also a huge fan of all 4 previous Superman movies. My biggest fear is that I will buy SR, S1 & S2: RDC on HD-DVD only to hear 6 months from now that all 6 Superman movies will be released in a boxset and #3 and #4 will only available in the boxset (ex. Mission: Impossible Boxset).

What should I do? Should I buy all 3? Not buy all 3 and wait for some kind of boxset? Only buy SR? AHHHHH!

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Wait for the box.
Or, purchase or rent now, with the knowledge that the box IS coming.
The box will have the super cartoons & super doc!

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

I think it's expected, but I certainly haven't heard anything "official" about it.

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I'm leaning towards just picking up Superman Returns, but at the same time I really want to see the Richard Donner Cut of Superman II. UGH! Why couldn't Warner have just released the boxset on HD-DVD?!

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
So, any further word on the Superman box being upgraded from "expected" (or, asked with less enthusiasm, downgraded)? I just leaped into HD DVD this Christmas (well, I guess I was more correctly pushed, but I couldn't be happier about it) and now that I'm done paying off everybody else's Christmas, I'm staring at the same problem as the original poster.

Sorry if this has been gone over a million times in a millions places, but I've looked and looked and all I could find was this thread.

Norman Matthews

Second Unit
I'm trying to be good! ;)

Besides, I have so much catching up to do now that waiting on Superman might not be the worst thing in the world. And I know the lull in releases is a bad thing, but I can't help but think that just maybe it's designed a little bit to let people like me catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks