What's new

Superman artwork leaked?? (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=2611

Just making sure folks interested saw this. Looks pretty cool, though I agree with one of the comments that I would have liked them to differentiate the cover a little more from the original Superman box set. And I don't know if I support including, or leaving out Superman Returns. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the film and thought Routh captured Superman just as well as Reeve, but I think you need to separate them.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
What is supposed to be included in the set?...I know it keeps changing.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the post, but I think this is already posted in the Superman II Donner Cut thread. I am excited about this though, and hope they do go through the with the big set.

ZackR

Supporting Actor
This is already being discussed in the other thread, however, just in case WB doesn't already know...I WANT THAT ULTIMATE SET!!!

Give me 13-14 discs and make me happy. PLEASE. :)

OK, I'm done now. :D

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Sorry to post this if it's being discussed in the other thread, although this is a totally separate subject from the Richard Donner SE in my opinion.

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. Would rather have 1 thread about the boxset than to mix it up with discussions about 1 of the 5 movies. Really want the big box - leak looks nice!

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Well that’s more rewarding to look forwards too than the Star Wars trilogy within a few weeks time now!

Yes give me Superman in six-track!

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
I wish they would state firmly whether or not we were going to get the 14-Disc SuperSet. I'd rather buy them all in one huge set than have to pick up three different things on release date. :frowning:

Adam Santangelo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Santangelo
This is purely guesswork, but I think Warner's probably waiting for the Superman Returns DVD announcement to confirm the 14-disc set, and they're probably waiting for Returns to go north of $200 million at the domestic box office before they weaken its performance by announcing the DVD.

$200 million is rumoured to be the magic number at which the sequel gets greenlit, and the domestic gross is now at $196 million and change, with nearly a million earned over the Labour Day weekend.

At least, I hope my theory's correct, because I really, really want that 14-disc set.

EDIT: I should add that I also think/hope that we'll see all this stuff on 11/28. That's when the Superman Returns videogame comes out, too.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor

Yes, after I posted that it was in another thread I thought, "well, it doesn't have to do with Superman II Donner Cut, so why not a new thread?"

As for my wishes, yes WB, I'll pay for the mega set as well.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
The covers for the individual releases are AWFUL!!! Really, really awful! I'm usually not one to complain about covers and stuff, but YUCK!!!

MattHR

Screenwriter

Yep, they suck. This is especially disappointing condsidering it's WB, who usually provides the best cover art in the biz.

I'm no fan of S3, but why would they NOT feature Richard Pryor on the cover? His fans are probably the only ones who would buy it.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Yeah... they are HORRIBLE.

Plus as stated.. I'm totally mystified at the S3 cover. Like Matt, I'm not a huge S3 fan. But, if you're going to do a floating head-shot cover of the main characters.... why would you NOT include the main "bad-guy" from the movie?

Plus that shot of Hackman on the Superman I cover... *shudder*. It doesn't even LOOK like him! At first, I thought they goofed and put Spacey on there.

Custom covers will be running off my printer so fast it'll be amazing....

Adrian_B

Grip
i thought this was perhaps the worst dvd cover art i'd seen in quite some time. must have been done by the folks who designed the looney tunes golden collection boxes and menus (i know, different division... don't bother correcting me).

Tim L

Second Unit
The covers are pretty bad- they didn't even put richard pryor on the cover..talk about getting slighted.
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks