What's new

Directors Superheroes and Villains Draft! (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Nick: Justin already picked Carnage. Try again. :)

Scott is up.

On deck:

Brad
John
Mike

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
1941: Hitler's obsession with the dark power of the occult fueled his creation of a secret nation. A nation ruled by Nazi occult scientists worked tirelessly to fuse the powers of Alchemy, the technologies of witchcraft, and the fury of Hell itself.

Hitler's demonic scientists gave birth to an unholy combination of horrific ancient lore and devastating cutting edge futurism.

Hitler's agents of chaos plowed the depths of the hollow earth, flew saucers through the air with anti-matter energy, discovered the Spear of Longinus which pierced the side of Christ, transplanted brains from man to beast, sought the Holy Grail, and amassed a vast arsenal of once mythical artifacts. These obsessions nearly met their apocalyptic ultimatum on that October evening in 1944. The location was the Island of Moll, off the coast of Scotland.

In the darkness of night, an Allied submarine emerged from blood-warm sea to behold the craggy island infested with Nazi soldiers and the occult scientists of the Reich laboring under a massive Romanesque ruin.

[c] [/c]

Normal US soldiers would have been unable to comprehend the nightmarish visions they beheld. But this small battalion boasted a secret weapon: Trevor Broom. An expert in the mysteries of the occult, Broom headed up the BUREAU FOR PARANORMAL RESEARCH AND DEFENSE (BPRD), a secret organization created by Roosevelt in 1943 to combat the Nazi Occult threat.

Through the thick sulphuric smoke of a demonic ceremony, Broom peered down at the Abbey Ruins and witnessed a ghastly site. The mad monk Rasputin, long thought dead, stood in the center of the scene with a bizarre mechanical glove. Wiring from the glove coiled like snakes to a bank of hi-tech occult devices. The beautiful Ilsa and the ghastly living cadaver Kroene furiously worked the inhuman gears of an ancient summoning machine.

Broom was shocked to near insanity by what he recognized. It seemed impossible that anyone would seek to perform rituals of such evil devastation. Rasputin’s goal was worse than even his befuddled master Hitler may have expected. He sought RAGNAROK: the opening of "The Gate of the Dragon", through which he would invite Hell onto earth. Apocalypse itself was truly at hand!

[c] [/c]

A gruesome battle erupted. Guns, grenades, and knives tore the flesh of both Nazis and Allied soldiers while the insane Rasputin shrieked an alien code. Just as the Allies claimed a victory, a bubbling infernal rift broke open in the ground. Below was the very realm of cosmic evil, too monstrous even to behold, but Rasputin had disappeared.

[c] [/c]

But although hell itself did not pour through to our defenseless world, something came through the gate...

Broom was delighted to find the living discharge of hell. A horned red devil baby lay alone among the brimstone. Newborn, it looked at Broom and smiled; Broom smiled back, hoisted it into the air, and called it HELLBOY. A photograph is said to exist still to this day, commemorating the Allied soldiers and their new friend.

[c] [/c]

He was born a demon... we must do our best to make him a man.

[c]

Hellboy[/c]

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
What, you didn't want Bucky? :D

Hellboy must have been after my time - I'm not too familiar with him...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
My heart really lies with the 'classic' old super-heroes, but Hellboy is just so damn cool. If anyone's interested in some flashy backstory, there are several Online Comics that you can watch here.

This boy's gonna be big next summer too. ;)

EDIT: Fixed the URL.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Steve,

Did you miss my Flash pick?

Also, if you guys plan on checking out any of those Hellboy Flash comics, start with The Chained Coffin and go from there. They're really quite fun.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Whoops! Just added Flash to the list.

Thanks for the info on Hellboy.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Angelo has about 2 1/2 hours left on his turn, then I'm up.

After that:

Cary (I have his pick)
Jim
Erik
Justin
Steeve X 2

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Angelo's turn is over but he can make his pick at any time.

I'm up!

Well, my mother told me to never get into a brawl unless you've got a guy on your side that can do some magic...

Doctor Strange

Cary takes Rogue.

Jim is up.

On deck:

Erik
Justin
Steeve X 2

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks