What's new

Superfriends, Batman, Justice League and X-Men, April 22 (1 Viewer)

James Reader

Screenwriter
Going by Production Order, "Two Face, Part I" is episode #10 while "Two Face, Part II" is episode #17.
So part two wont appear on DVD until vol 4, and if current trends are continued, that will be in 2005!
Pathetic!
There's been lots of VHS boxsets released in the UK for Batman such as:
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000037217
And Warners themselves have released a (overpriced) Batman DVD two pack - so they have no quarms about charging over the odds:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg.../-/B00006JMSO/
And don't forget a Box set of 3-4 discs would (well, SHOULD) still cost less than a video game.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
!
:angry: This is why production order sucks, and airdate order is the only correct one, in my humble opinion. There are a very few exceptions to that, where some episodes originally aired out of order...those should be fixed on the DVD release. In the end, the original show's producers should determine the proper order, and nothing else.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
So when Columbia House renders a TV series on DVD, can we expect that it will be the same transfer that the home studio would eventually use if they release it? Have they been remasterred and whatnot? Because the minute they have V: the Series on DVD...

James Reader

Screenwriter
From Toon Zone
This week's TV Guide has an advertisement for the new Batman: The Animated Series DVDs that Columbia House will be offering. Columbia will ship a new volume each month. There are six episodes on each DVD. The first disc is free, the second is $9.99, and from then on the price is $19.99 a disc.
So Columbia House can manage to fit (gasp) six episodes on a disc. Why can't Warners?
And what's worse, Columbia House don't ship outside the United States. Looks like my money's not good enough for Warners. :frowning:

James Reader

Screenwriter
Well Rob to be honest I'd rather have 'best of' releases with 6 episodes every month than sequential releases with 5 episodes every 12 months.

Which release pattern is likely to get the bulk of the series out on DVD?

Rob T

Screenwriter
I'm still not sure that Warner Bros. is doing a 12 month release format for Batman: TAS.
They might speed things up for the 3rd (or 4th disc at the latest) to get it out quicker. :)

RickM

Auditioning
I love these discs, and hope to get all of them. Last year when the Batman:TAS first DVD was released, I assumed that we would be getting more in a couple of months... has it really been a year? WOW.

Anybody know if there are plans for season box sets for:
Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, or Justic League? Or maybe some 'regular' schedule for releasing these on DVD?

Thanks

James Reader

Screenwriter
Toonzone has reviewed the new B:TAS DVD and here's the highlights (or should that be lowlights) :frowning:
In the end, I'm really just happy to get more episodes, but I'm really tired of getting them at such a slow rate.
Ditto. I've really said all I need to say on this on this thread and others on this site.
You know, if I worked at Warner Family Entertainment, I'd be embarassed to release this.
I still can't understand how Warners holds the original series in such low regard, and yet greenlights a brand new DTV feature (Mystery of the Batwoman) at the same time. If there's a market for DTV releases, there's a market for the sequential releases (which, let's face it, must be cheaper to produce).

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I bought the 1st batch of the Warner Superhero sets but will not be buying any of these or any future releasing done the current way. This is just not worth it. Too many discs and too much money and we will probably get repeats in the future as they have done with the Scooby Doo episodes.
If they won't release season sets they should at least do 2 disk sets with at least 12 episodes otherwise no more sales from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks