1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Superboy (live-action) any more seasons coming?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by todd s, Mar 17, 2007.

1. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

Just wondering if Warner plans on releasing any more seasons of the tv show "Superboy"? The later seasons were much better.

2. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Well-Known Member

Pete
    I hope so... would love to see the remainder of the series be released!

3. MattSav

MattSav Well-Known Member

As would I, even though I thought John Haymes Newton did a lot better in the role than Gerard Christopher. I liked 'normal' Clark as opposed to 'geeky' Clark. Still, later seasons really found their stride and became more like comic book adventures (thanks to a bunch of writers who actually wrote comics.) David Nutter, who went on to direct the Smallville pilot, also directed a number of epiosdes, as did Perry White himself, Jackie Cooper.

I would expect Warner to be churning these out. I didn't think Season 1 sold *that* badly. It did pretty well it's first month of release and consistently stayed in the Amazon top 100 DVDs in the lead up to last summer's release of Superman Returns.

4. todd s

todd s Well-Known Member

Speaking of later episodes. Their was a later season 2-parter called "Road Not Taken". And it was about how Superboy somehow gets transported into a parallel Earth. Where he was raised by a mean old farmer instead of the Kents and ended up taking over the Earth. And Lex Luthor is a good guy and is trying to stop him.

5. Ron68

Ron68 Well-Known Member

I enjoyed Season 1 more than expected, I've never seen any of the other seasons but I'd check them out.

6. Derek_J

Derek_J Well-Known Member

Anybody hear any news on this?

7. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Well-Known Member

I haven't heard any news about the second season.

We will probably have to wait until the Superman sequel is released in theaters in a couple years. There will probably be more Superboy dvd releases around that time.

8. JoshuaB.

JoshuaB. Well-Known Member

Joshua
    I think any future releases are being held up by a lawsuit between the Siegel estate and DC Comics/Warner over the Superboy character. Superboy is persona non grata until the case is resolved in all the various media (Warner omitted the Superboy shorts from the Filmation 60s Superman animated series as a consequence of the case). I'd love to see the rest of Superboy released, but until the lawsuit is dealt with, we won't see anymore seasons for awhile (though I don't think it's as dire as the Batman '66 issue).

9. JohnS

JohnS Well-Known Member

John Steffens
    Actually, I thought the lawsuit was over the word Superboy and not so much the character.

10. Sunfire Ranger

Sunfire Ranger Active Member

Hey guys, if you want to get the low-down on the situation with Superboy's remaining DVD sets, go to Superboy Homepage and read the recent interview with Ilya Salkind. Also, a campaign is coming very soon to get the rest of the show out on DVD. That information can also be found at the Superboy Homepage.