1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

superbowl, and i don't care!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Micah Cohen, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen Well-Known Member

Hey! Lookit me! It's Superbowl Sunday and I don't care! I don't know a thing about football! I don't even know what teams are playing today! There! I admitted it! And I don't feel like a wimp for admitting it! I don't care! While you all are watching a bunch of tights-clad pituitary cases bash each other psuedo-violently (I think I'd be far more interested if there wasn't so much padding, and no helmets - like the old days!), I will be cleaning my basement! Yes, I will! And then, I will watch a movie! I will! I am not a slave to organized, commercialized, neutered sports! I just don't care! YES! I admit it!

I feel much better now.

[​IMG]

MC

2. Josh Simpson

Josh Simpson Well-Known Member

Glad you got that off your chest, Micah. [​IMG]

3. Dave Simpson

Dave Simpson Well-Known Member

Let me guess, Micah: Jews don't do the Superbowl, right? [​IMG]
    I couldn't give a f**k about it, either. In fact, this snow-bound Canadian dude isn't even interested in hockey. I'd much rather enjoy a loud movie, or listen to some jazz. To each, his own, of course. Cheers.

DS.

4. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Well-Known Member

You 3 posters, please remain in your homes today. The Thought Police will be over immediately to re-load Corporate Clone ver 1.32 into your cerebal input.

I don't believe this process is painless....

5. Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor Well-Known Member

Micah, you may find it more interesting if you get drink & chips refills during game play and only watch the commercials & half-time show!

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

That's why there's baseball. [​IMG] You really don't need anything else.

7. Kirk Gunn

Exactly ! I had a bigger crowd last year for the nipple-show than the actual game because all the wives and kids came downstairs to check out the funnies on the widescreen. And what a show it was....

8. danDo

danDo Well-Known Member

My wife was sanding the home theater area while I watched the kids(she likes doing the "finished" sanding) and I just finished roughing up my DVD shelf case and making some shelves.

Super Bowl??? I have more important things to do, like finish my home theatre.

9. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Well-Known Member

methinks this is doubleplusungood.

i dont care about the superbowl at all, and care even less about the commercials. i'm not anti-superbowl, i just dont give a shit. i will admit i know which teams are playing this year. it was nice to see the patriots win their first, but i only watched the last 10 minutes of that game, and wouldnt have been upset at all, had they lost.

shouldnt this be merged with the "popular stuff i dont do" thread? [​IMG]

CJ

10. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Well-Known Member

To me, the Superbowl is like New Years...who cares about what it's all about, I'm just interested in the food and company.

I mean, if I could get people to react the same way about other meaningless crap (as they act over the Superbowl), I'd have a "Simpson Day Party" [​IMG]

But, yes, I do agree how bizarre it is that SO many people get this excited and this crazed over something so meaningless as a sporting event.

I love Seinfeld's bit on sports:

Fan: "We WON! We WON!!!"
    Jerry: "No! THEY won...YOU watched!!"

[​IMG]

11. Matt Stieg

Matt Stieg Well-Known Member

This year's Super Bowl only means one thing for me...

STONES!

12. Kirk Gunn

Please, not until Festivus is a Federal Holiday !

And for all you folks not watching the game, I trust you will have the decency to arrive early at work tomorrow and cover for your bleary-eyed, stale-beer-belching co-workers that stumble in 3 hrs late !!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Well-Known Member

A man who does not like football is not a real man.

Sorry if this truth hurts you, but there it is.

If you mean you don't care about this year's subpar bowl, then okay. Otherwise, you give your fellow humans with penises a bad name.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Jay H

Jay H Well-Known Member

Jay
    Oh look, it's 6:35pm EST and the stuporbowl is on. I couldn't care less either, I assume you must be cleaning your basement, Micah.

Actually I watch football, mostly college, sometime pro but I'm not a fanatic, I don't follow teams but I'll watch it a bit til I get bored unless it becomes a good game, but if I have anything better to do, I do it.

Jay

15. BrianW

BrianW Well-Known Member

Brian
    Another don't-care here.

I keep up with sports only to the extent that doing so allows me to hang out with the sales guys without getting a wedgie.

16. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Well-Known Member

Joseph DeMartino

Fred and Wilma are going to be there? [​IMG]

Joe

17. James L White

James L White Well-Known Member

sorry you waited for that!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

18. Micah Cohen

Kidney stones? I don't get it.

Anyway, yep. I may as well be wearin' panties, cause I don't even know what the heck football is at all. The ball is not "ball" shaped, the purpose seems pointless, the calling of the game makes no sense at all to me, and the histrionics seem... Unnecessary. But, I guess we gotta have something for these giant guys to do, right? (Horrors, here in this dedicated "we'll watch anything" sports town. Balti-morons.)

Is it me, or are pretty much all modern sports sort of morphing into some form of "professional wrestling"?

Whatever. I got a car load of stuff out of my basement, ready by the door to take to my storage unit tomorrow morning, and I feel cleansed. Ah, accomplishment.

Superbowl? I DON'T CARE! (Plus, I always find the commercials online the next day, anyway. And they have been getting lamer and lamer these past few years. I miss the days of the Gerbil Cannon.)

MC

19. Micah Cohen

PS - I think Jews do do the Superbowl. I have always felt left out.

MC

20. MickeS

MickeS Well-Known Member

I don't care about the Super Bowl either. It's on in the background, so I can watch the commercials and the half time entertainment.

Don't worry, Micah, we're in the majority. [​IMG]

I did see Rolling Stones play. Apparently, one can no longer use the word "cock" during the halftime show to describe "male poultry". The lyrics to "Rough Justice" start with

One time you were my baby chicken
    Now you've grown into a fox
    And once upon a time I was your little rooster
    Am I just one of your cocks?

On TV it was just "Am I just one of your "

Of coiurse it has a double meaning, but come on... is this country really so puritan now, that a fun lyrical twist like that can't be allowed?

"THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!"