What's new

Super Fuzz DVD? (1 Viewer)

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Has anyone purchased this disc?

A guilty pleasure of mine, but I would like to hear about the disc before I buy one.

Thanks in advance,
-Chad

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Mmmm... Super Fuzz on DVD...

One of my favorites from my childhood, and used to get played all the time on HBO.

Jason

Brad M

Second Unit
Hell yeah!

I have got to get this. It slipped in under the radar. This is a major guilty pleasure!!

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Some have speculated that this is a bootleg as it comes from the rather dubious Jef label that no one seems to really know about.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
OMG I feel old. I totally forgot about this movie.

I saw it many times as a kid.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Be warned. Jef Films is not to be trusted any further than you can throw an employee from their business address, which is quite curiuosly difficult, if not impossible, to find.

I have been told by people in the know that SUPER FUZZ has been wanted by at least 2 companies but not likely to surface because the rights StudioCanal would have had from the Embassy acquisition have expired, and the Italian producers want too much money for it now, a quandry affecting many highly-sought Italian-financed cult films.

walter o

Supporting Actor
I am in touch with several sources who have contacted Jef films (I now have his name, phone number, address, etc), this jeff fellow (that is his name) justification on how he owns all these titles is he bought a bankrupt syndication company that held these 1/2 inch masters, therefore it makes him the legal owner of these titles (!!), and people like MGM, studiocanal, and Saturn Pictures are all trying to stop this duvious label.

Phil Menard

Stunt Coordinator
SUPER FUZZ (aka SUPER SNOOPER) is available as an R2 dvd from Five Star Entertainment (comedy-dvds.com). It has a full frame transfer and contains a longer international version. Looks like a 3/4" TV master.

JEF Films International, regardless of rights issues, puts out DVDs and vhs tapes that LOOK like boots. The video quality runs the gamut from fair to poor. I own six of these (put out by WHAM!USA) only because of their rarity. I would recommend waiting for a better transfers.

Steven Gebs

Stunt Coordinator
Has this film aged badly?

I remember watching this film over and over again when I was about 7 or 8 years old and LOVED it. It was on HBO and I think I saw it at least hundreds of times. Such a nostalgic feeling thinking about this movie now.

Any word about a DVD release?

Does anyone remember the theme song? 'He's a super, super, really super trooper!!!'

Joe:C

Second Unit
I remember this movie too, but for some reason I was thinking it was called "Super Cop".

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Wasn't there talk a year or two ago of Anchor Bay giving Super Fuzz a proper R1 DVD release? What happened to that?

walter o

Supporting Actor
Anchor Bay's deal would have been through CanalPlus, and StudioCanal's original deal with the SUPER FUZZ people ended, so did the Anchor Bay deal.

Haden

Supporting Actor
All I remember of this bizarre film was Ernest Borgnine and the title character floating on a giant bubble of yellow bubble gum, then falling off of it and hitting the Earth so hard that they went thru it straight to China. Weird. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks