What's new

Super Bowl Commercials (3 Viewers)

aldamon

Second Unit

When the Doors got backstage, they learned they wouldn't be back -- ever. "The producer said, 'You promised,' and we said, 'We were so nervous, we're just boys, we've done it a thousand times, it just came out.' He looked at Morrison and said, 'Mr. Sullivan liked you boys. He wanted you on six more times. ... You'll never do the Sullivan show again.' "

To which Morrison retorted with glee, "We just did the Sullivan show."

Rob T

Screenwriter

what one was the horse flatulent commercial?
and if it isn't already hosted can someone put it up?
Thanks.

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I was happy to see a few High Definition commercials, although most were movie trailers. It's hard to believe that some of those movies (the Adam Sandler movie) would have a ad budget to allow them to spend $2.3M in one shot.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the bad dog commercial from bud light. That for me along with the horse and candle were the two. I was almost crying at the horse one.

R~

Joe Bernardi

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joe Bernardi
Washington Post TV reviewer Tom Shales complained about the flatulent horse and, his word, "bestiality," referring to the talking chimp who had his arm around the woman while the guy was in the kitchen.

The horse was a bit gross, if funny, but the complaint about bestiality may be even funnier, although Shales was serious.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Hey Brian,

The Pizza Hut and AOL Top Speed commercials are back online.

ThomasC

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
There were so many Cadillac ads - I don't care how good their cars are now, it will take them quite some time to shake off the "senior" image of Cadillac, and those commercials just don't cut it.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thomas, any chance you could put the Van Helsing 1 up for a bit? Thanks for doing all of these, I for 1 appreciate it, I've watched that Simpsons commercial several times and have it saved on my Hard Drive.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
ThomasC,
I got here late to the party. Do you think you'll switch it up and put the first listed commercials back up?
I got everything after Sierra Mist but only have the two requests that occured before.

Thanks for posting these commercials, muchly appreciated by this canuck.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Geez, as good as the game itself was, this year's batch of commercials was equally ho-hum. We got no standouts like Reebok's Terry Tate, Office Linebacker.

Every year, one company comes out of nowhere and surprises me by affording to buy some of the most expensive airtime of the year. This year was Emerald Nuts. I never heard of them but apparently the nuts business is doing well enough to buy a couple of spots.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
Worst bunch of commercials I ever remember in a SB. The only ones that stand out for me are the "IBM-Ali" ad and the "Pepsi-Hendrix at age 11" ad.

Rob

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
FWIW, there is a new Terry Tate ad online...Reebok just didn't want to drop the coin on a SB ad that won't really raise shoe revenue.

It's not as good as last year...but it's better than everything I saw during the game ;)

Take care,
Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks