What's new

SUNSET BOULEVARD on November 6, 2012! (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Dick /t/320410/sunset-boulevard-on-november-6-2012#post_3941630
Hi, Matt. This is the second or third time I have heard this rumor - from where does it originate?
A cartoon in one of their newsletters during the past few months.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Robin9 /t/320410/sunset-boulevard-on-november-6-2012#post_3941674
As Funny Face has already been released on Blu-ray in France, you can be sure it's coming. It's just a matter of when.
I do believe there are a lot of titles that have been released in Euroupe that have not made it to the states yet. I will not not hold my breath.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
MattH. said:
A cartoon in one of their newsletters during the past few months.
Just viewed that newsletter sketch -- pretty obscure clue (as most are, the most blatant exception being the latest for SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY), but that does resemble a rosemary sprigs. Hope you're right.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
ahollis said:
 I do believe there are a lot of titles that have been released in Euroupe that have not made it to the states yet. I will not not hold my breath. 
According to Amazon France, the Funny Face BRD was released by Paramount, not by a small boutique company like Eureka. The situation therefore is not like the Eureka BRDs of Touch Of Evil and Double Indemnity. For example Paramount have now released Funny Face in Spain too. (The price at Amazon Spain is about half the price at Amazon France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by Robin9 /t/320410/sunset-boulevard-on-november-6-2012#post_3941909
According to Amazon France, the Funny Face BRD was released by Paramount, not by a small boutique company like Eureka. The situation therefore is not like the Eureka BRDs of Touch Of Evil and Double Indemnity. For example Paramount have now released Funny Face in Spain too. (The price at Amazon Spain is about half the price at Amazon France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
I guess I am augmentative, but with Paramount and Fox, I have a I don't believe it until I see it announced. Paramount seems to have announced the rest of the Blu-ray releases for 2012 so there is hope of 2013, at least with your information about Paramount actually releasing the title in France and Spain.

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
I also PIcked up "MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALENCE' and "VON RYAN"S EXPRESS" in Madrid a few weeks ago on Blu Ray...Region A B C. 9Euros for "Valence"

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I saw The Digital Bits also confirmed the 11/6 release date. Any more news on restoration, etc for the release of this one?

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Up for preorder. Looks like they changed the cover a bit?
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Sunset-Boulevard-Blu-ray/7742/

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
"Entertainment Weekly" had a contest to vote for the blu-ray cover:
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/07/20/sunset-boulevard-vote-blu-ray/
I wonder which one will be used.
Article mentions "The new Sunset Boulevard Blu-ray includes extensive in-depth bonus materials, including a new deleted scene."

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Eric Vedowski said:
Article mentions "The new Sunset Boulevard Blu-ray includes extensive in-depth bonus materials, including a new deleted scene."
The scrapped mortuary intro?

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
JoHud said:
The scrapped mortuary intro?
We should be so lucky, it's probably one of the most wanted deleted scenes, I'm sure we'd have heard about it if they'd found it.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Billy Batson said:
We should be so lucky, it's probably one of the most wanted deleted scenes, I'm sure we'd have heard about it if they'd found it.
Isn't some of it featured on the DVD? I know I've seen some of it. Unless I am recalling a different intro scene to the film? The morgue one?

gonda

Agent
Real Name
Zoran Gonda
Another Billy Wilder's movie, AVANTI!, is available at Amazon France. Does anybody know something about picture quality of this BD?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Osato said:
Isn't some of it featured on the DVD? I know I've seen some of it. Unless I am recalling a different intro scene to the film? The morgue one?
If I remember correctly there was silent footage of the opening deleted scene on the DVD. No William Holden narration or the dead people talking to each other. I believe it was included in a special feature about the making of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks