What's new

Summer 2007 Concerts (1 Viewer)

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I liked the thread we had last year with reviews and reactions to the concerts we saw, so I thought I would bring back the concept for the current season.

On June 2nd, I saw the Charlie Daniels Band, Marshall Tucker Band, and The Outlaws at Dodge Theatre. The trio The Outlaws started strong with "Ghost Riders in the Sky," and they sounded good throughout their 45-minute set. The highlight of their performance was some killer twin guitar action during the last song.

Marshall Tucker Band put on a great show. They are all exceptional musicians, and the lead singer makes up for an average voice with a healthy dose of charisma. Once again, the best song was the last one. They called up members from both of the other bands for "Can't You See." There were 11 musicians on stage for a 10-minute jam session on the song, and it totally rocked!

Charlie Daniels Band performed well, but I didn't care for a couple of the more belligerent and in-your-face songs. Still, "How Great Thou Art" and "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" were phenomenal. The night ended with an extended jam featuring all three groups, plenty of solos, and trading fours.

The one negative aspect of the show had nothing to do with what was happening on stage. There was an annoying fan in the row in front of me, but he wasn't close enough to say anything to. I just tried to keep him out of my sight as much as possible.

I loved the show, and I would eagerly watch either of the first two acts again as headliners.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Well, I saw TOOL last night (my first time) and there's only two words to describe it: sonic disembowelment!!! Seriously, we were sitting in Row S on the floor and my pant legs were flapping from the sheer volume and the bass/kick drum combo. It was so overwhelming sometimes that it almost made me nauseaous. Anyway, the band was amazingly tight and the background and lightshow very psychedelic. It was probably one of the better shows I've ever seen and I've seen a ton.

And by the way, Danny Carey showed no signs whatsoever of his recently repaired torn biceps.

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I got to see Keith Urban this weekend, and he put on an absolutely stunning show. He was on stage for almost exactly two hours, and he delivered in every way. The lights were synchronized properly to the music, the guitar solos were awesome, and the energy between the crowd and Keith seemed to be an ever-escalating feedback loop. He played 9 out of the 13 songs off of his latest CD, and he played most of his major hits as well.

The Wreckers opened up for him. They did their best, but whoever did sound and lighting for them was terrible. We couldn't see their faces for the first half of the show, and both the vocals and instruments sounded muddy.

TomCW

Second Unit
John Prine a few weeks ago, He was AWSOME!!!

Lucinda Williams in a few weeks, can't wait!

Tom

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I just sold my front and center Police tickets for Oakland (first outdoor show of the tour, if I am not mistaken).

Kinda sad to let them go, but I needed the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks