1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions on seperate amps and where to find.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ben_cee, Jul 4, 2000.

1. KenA

KenA Well-Known Member

Ken Appell
    Thanks, Andrew. Since, I'm building a sonotube, I'd prefer a rack-mount amp, so the Jr doesn't fit the bill. I'd also like a little more power than 100w. Preferably in the 200w range. I'm been looking at some of the other suggestions in this thread, but I was hoping to hover around $1/watt.
    ------------------
    "I can't think of another story, Sam. Give me a martini!"
    "Sure Mr. Dickens, Olive or Twist?"

2. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Well-Known Member

check out your local pawn shops or dealers that take in trades. I managed to find my hafler sitting there collecting dust so got it for a decent deal (in the $1/1 watt area) There's a couple on mono blocks in the For Sale area that look like they'd be perfect for a sub if you can swing that much.
    ------------------

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, this thread dropped off my radar for a few days, so I didn't notice the addition questions...

4. Seungsoo Hwang

Seungsoo Hwang Well-Known Member

Ok a lot of suggestions have been made on WHAT to get, but the second part of the question is not being answered by many people, if anyone. WHERE to buy one of these suggested amps? There are the obvious like Ebay, and it is easy to find realiable places to buy them new. But where can one go to realiably buy used amps? I am either looking for a used Mackie m1400 or a Ashly FTX2001. I would like to get one of these for $450 or under shipped? Any suggestions? The only place I know is ugbm.com, but they dont have these often and they are not that cheap for a Used gear dealer.
    thanks

5. Greg Monfort

Greg Monfort Well-Known Member

6. brentl

brentl Well-Known Member

Hey Vince ...anything good to say about the PV500 from Peavey? I saw it yesterday and and was wondering
    Brent L
    ------------------
    Closing in quickly on 2000[​IMG]...Posts that is :)

7. brentl

brentl Well-Known Member

Nevermind Vince...I was just on the Peavey site and noticed that it puts out 130 watts a 8ohms. The same as my THX Kenwood.
    If I am going to move up it will be at least 250watts at 8ohms
    BrentL
    ------------------
    Closing in quickly on 2000[​IMG]...Posts that is :)