What's new

Suggestions on great movie soundtracks? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Masur

Auditioning
Children of Dune by Brian Tyler, quite possibly the best soundtrack that I have ever heard. Go read the review on filmtracks.com they also include a couple of clips from the album. Trust me, you wont by disappointed. Children of Dune :emoji_thumbsup:

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
And this is just the tip of the iceberg. So much great film music, so little time.
Speaking of icebergs, am I the only one who likes the Titanic soundtrack? Nobody has mentioned it yet, which seems a bit strange to me.
Also American Beauty and The Road To Perdition have great soundtracks, although they are not in the normal orchestral epic movie soundtrack style ;)
For a totally different cup of tea, might I suggest The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert, or The Rocky Horror Picture Show...

kinzoels

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
bill lettang
One of my favorites is Miklos Rozsa's score for King of Kings, the LP version not the film soundtrack. It is my understanding Rozsa was unhappy with how the video cues sliced up his themes (understandable as scenes jump from Roman soldiers to the nativity). The recording I refer to was released on MGM records in a deluxed box in the early 60's. Now, it has been said the original tapes of this performance done in Rome are lost. Has anyone heard of any attempts to recover them?

JSul

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sullivan
The Alamo...1961/Dimitri Tiomkin.Adventures of Robin Hood...1938/KorngoldBride of Frankenstein...1935/Waxman7th Voyage of Sinbad...195?/HermannJaws ...1975/WilliamsKing Kong....1933/Steiner

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
North By Northwest (Bernard Herrmann)Braveheart (James Horner)Seven Years in Tibet (John Williams)Joe Versus the Volcano (Georges Delerue)Hellraiser (Christopher Young)King Kong (remake - James Newton Howard)Total Recall (Jerry Goldsmith)The Edge (Jerry Goldsmith)The Fly (Howard Shore)The Red Violin (Michael Corigliano)How To Train Your Dragon (John Powell)These are just off the top of my head - a bit of a diverse collection of composers/styles/flavors. All terrific scores in their own right (but really most of the ones mentioned by others would be a delight to the ears)

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
People have mentioned that James Horner rips off his own soundtracks, and I would have to agree. I thought I heard some Titanic in The Amazing Spider Man Soundtrack as well.

I would like to add all of The Dark Knight Trilogy to that list. They are amazing soundtracks! Also, while not actual soundtracks, E.S. Posthumus has some amazing film like music. Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story is also a good one. There are others, but alot of them have been mentioned before.

Also, Daft Punk's Tron Legacy is amazing. I listen to that at least once a week.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Scott Burke said:
Also, Daft Punk's Tron Legacy is amazing. I listen to that at least once a week.
Fantastic album. I bought the movie to watch just because the music is so good. How has this thread not mentioned Amelie? One of my all time favorite albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks